Singapore Expats

Where to buy Flat Iron/Straightener

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
TXinSingapore

Where to buy Flat Iron/Straightener

Post by TXinSingapore » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 3:33 am

Hi!

My husband and I are moving from the US to Singapore in June. I know the flat iron/hair straightener I have here won't work in Singapore...from what I understand, small applicances that need to heat up are harsh on converters. I'm assuming the best thing for me to do is just buy a new one when I arrive.

Where is the best place(s) to find one? My husband is leaving for Singapore tomorrow and will return in one month to help me tie off loose ends before we both move in June. I want to tell him what stores to keep an eye out for so he'll know just where to take me when we arrive for good. I'll need to get a flat iron on my first day there b/c I'm used to using one daily.

Thanks!! :D

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:15 am

Hi TXinSingapore,

Are you referring to the ceramic hair straightener like the one below:

http://www.folica.com/appliances/straightener.htm

If yes, I saw a lot of those in the Best Denki store over at VivoCity (near Harbourfront). I've also seen some in different department stores. These hair straighteners are popular in SE Asia.

Happy shopping when you arrive here in June! :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

currylover

Post by currylover » Fri, 01 May 2009 4:30 pm

theres so many hair straightener in mustafah centre at affordable prices..alot of tourist went there for late night shopping and prices..cheaper than malls..

trumpet
Regular
Regular

Post by trumpet » Sun, 03 May 2009 7:14 pm

What time does mustafah centre closes?

currylover

Post by currylover » Sun, 03 May 2009 8:46 pm

trumpet wrote:What time does mustafah centre closes?
Its open everyday 24hrs

surreymum

Post by surreymum » Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:20 am

Speaking as a hair straightener addict, the best in the world are GHDs, but you cant buy them here. Some shopping malls have stalls run by 'Jose Eber' hair appliances, and they do a straightener that is identical to GHD, it looks the same and works the same. I think they are made by the same people and sold under different names, they retail abouts $120

Texas Nikki

Hair products

Post by Texas Nikki » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:59 pm

I have seen straighteners at Courts in Tampines Mall. Watson's has a small selection and also there is an electronic store in Parkway Parade Mall next to Harvey Normal who carries some.

I am also from Houston and moved here with my husband in February. If you'd like to talk more or meet when you arrive email me at [email protected]

Nikki :)

ag18

Post by ag18 » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:09 am

Hi Tx in..

yah mustafa center quite a lot choices. but u might wan to go around 1st. not really sure where u can find it, may be vivo city carefour have?

btw i saw ur post to meet up. i will wnt shopping this weekend. u wan meet for a light afternoon coffe time?

i'll pm u on details

sammyss27

Post by sammyss27 » Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:04 pm

Hi TXinSingapore,

I have just recently moved to Singapore as well and realized I will need to buy a new flat iron since mine won't work here. I was just wondering if you were able to find a good one (comparable to ones in the US such as a CHI or FHI etc). If so, please let me know where and how much!

skoopers

Post by skoopers » Wed, 23 Sep 2009 2:53 pm

I've also heard about Jose Eber straighteners (available in Vivo City), but I haven't tried one yet. Apparently they are quite good! Going to grab one this weekend!

Also from Houston, moved here in April. Fried my CHI after its second use :)
It was a sad, sad day.

Would love to meet up with fellow Texans some time! Email me at [email protected].

And I'll keep ya'll posted on that hair straightener...wish me luck!
~Sarah