Singapore Expats

Where to live?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
enerimil

Post by enerimil » Sun, 10 May 2009 3:53 pm

Hi all, I just chanced upon this thread...Tammy, where's your office gonna be?

Search By

Tammy138
Regular
Regular

Post by Tammy138 » Mon, 11 May 2009 3:30 am

Hi...office i think is on the road: bara bas or something along those lines. You just reminded me to check my work address! does the ring a bell to anyone? please tell me its central and not in the middle of nowhere.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 May 2009 8:58 am

It's probably Bras Basah Road and yes it's definitely central.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

enerimil

Post by enerimil » Mon, 11 May 2009 12:58 pm

If its Bras Basah, its very central. For your budget, you should be able to find a decent comfortable apartment with a good location. It depends also if you want an apartment with facilities (eg. pool, gym, tennis courts) or not. There are plenty of hotels around your office that you can stay in first while you go hunting for a place. Either via the papers/notes posted in supermarts and random bus stations/agents/online. Don't go for everything you see! Compare and 'shop' around cos some people WILL inflate their prices seeing you're an expat.

The only shock you'd probably get when you arrive here, is how clean and efficient most things are! *haha* ok i'm not an expat, i'm just assuming based on feedback but you won't have any difficulty adapting except to the WEATHER.

Tammy138
Regular
Regular

Post by Tammy138 » Mon, 11 May 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks everyone. Its reassuring that my office is quite central. Hopefully I can find somewhere which can do condos for 2k as I didn't realise how expensive Singapore is for housing. And I thought here in London is bad.

Tammy138
Regular
Regular

Post by Tammy138 » Mon, 11 May 2009 10:10 pm

btw, please can someone let me know which mrt line is this road: baras baras is on or near so i can work out my accomodation area..thank you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 May 2009 11:17 pm

Tammy138 wrote:btw, please can someone let me know which mrt line is this road: baras baras is on or near so i can work out my accomodation area..thank you!
It on the North-South line. Inbetween two interchanges. the northern station is Dhoby Ghaut and is also the interchange with the northeast line and the City Hall Station at Raffles City is the interchange with the East-West line. So your good just about anywhere you want to live in the nearby area. Go out 2 stops in any directions and the rents drop drastically or the quantity/quality of what your are renting increases dramatically.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers