Singapore Expats Forum

General Chat

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

General Chat

Postby ksl » Sun, 26 Apr 2009 1:00 am

Today i was asked by my doctor why I stay in Singapore and why I do not return to my own Country. I did not find it offensive at all, in fact I really did enjoy the interaction between us, not the first. But I noticed i stand out in the crowd. I found our discussion quite entertaining and rewarding about how life as changed in 30 years.

I did mention the downfalls of being different, which was quite amusing under the circumstances of a Country being so new and having everything and not appreciating what they have.

I may well get flamed, but what the hell I have broad shoulders. But in the last 40 years Singapaore as come along way for those, that cannot earn income so well, they may qualify for aid.

I understand the difficulties, but in USA and UK, I believe the social welfare is dropping so badly too, Singapore is really a very lucky place to live for many without employment, because we accept the difficulties for what they are, and in other Countries that have welfare systems we do not accept the poverty, When i see genuine people needing help i help, and yet it can be so difficult at times, too give to all.

But suffering without a doubt is all around us, we can only do what we feel comfortable with doing.
Last edited by ksl on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Sun, 26 Apr 2009 3:03 pm

No need for a lengthy response . . . I agree wholeheartedly.

You're a good man, ksl
One in the hand is worth two of something