Singapore Expats

Applying for PEP from overseas

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
flaggy

Applying for PEP from overseas

Post by flaggy » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 4:49 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone who successfully applied for a Personalised Employment Pass from overseas could share their experiences?

In particular, is there any way to submit the application from overseas instead of submiting to a SingPost post office in Singapore? Did you need a friend in Singapore to do it on your behalf or is it possible to use an agent of some sort?

Did you have to apply for a Dependent's Pass at the same time, or is it possible to do it at a later stage?

Cheers
Tim

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Applying for PEP from overseas

Post by ksl » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 8:06 pm

flaggy wrote:Hi there, I was wondering if anyone who successfully applied for a Personalised Employment Pass from overseas could share their experiences?

In particular, is there any way to submit the application from overseas instead of submiting to a SingPost post office in Singapore? Did you need a friend in Singapore to do it on your behalf or is it possible to use an agent of some sort?

Did you have to apply for a Dependent's Pass at the same time, or is it possible to do it at a later stage?

Cheers
Tim
Do a search on the forum or visit
http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal ... apply.html

You may need a contact in Singapore to recieve the letter for you, like the embassy...or a friend you can ask to accept the letter for you.

hmmbug

Post by hmmbug » Sun, 17 May 2009 7:10 pm

Hi,

A friend of mine did this last year while living in UK. You will need a local contact to be listed on the application - a permanent resident or SG citizen. EP/PEP holders can't be used. Maybe you have a friend here or if you have a job lined up maybe someone in HR or your manager? The local contact is needed regardless of where you apply from.

Also you cannot apply online (or couldn't at the time, not sure now) unless you had a NETS bank card for the payment of the application fee. My friend sent the completed application & supporting docs to me and I submitted it at my local post office.

All correspondence will be sent to the local contact (unless you can give a local residential address for yourself). In my friends' case he used a colleague at his Singapore office as the local contact (I wasn't a PR at the time) and gave my SG address as his residential address for correspondence. All approved in about 3 weeks including dependents pass for his wife.

Hope that helps.

skkamandy

Post by skkamandy » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 1:25 pm

It seems that foreigners are difficult to apply then if they have NO local contact, right, even though they fulfill the requirement?

Personalised Employment Pass - Before you apply
Eligibility

Foreigners who wish to work in Singapore may be eligible for the Personalised Employment Pass if they are:

* Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000
The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.

hmmbug wrote:Hi,

A friend of mine did this last year while living in UK. You will need a local contact to be listed on the application - a permanent resident or SG citizen. EP/PEP holders can't be used. Maybe you have a friend here or if you have a job lined up maybe someone in HR or your manager? The local contact is needed regardless of where you apply from.

Also you cannot apply online (or couldn't at the time, not sure now) unless you had a NETS bank card for the payment of the application fee. My friend sent the completed application & supporting docs to me and I submitted it at my local post office.

All correspondence will be sent to the local contact (unless you can give a local residential address for yourself). In my friends' case he used a colleague at his Singapore office as the local contact (I wasn't a PR at the time) and gave my SG address as his residential address for correspondence. All approved in about 3 weeks including dependents pass for his wife.

Hope that helps.
Kam

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Feb 2011 4:31 pm

skkamandy wrote:It seems that foreigners are difficult to apply then if they have NO local contact, right, even though they fulfill the requirement?

Personalised Employment Pass - Before you apply
Eligibility

Foreigners who wish to work in Singapore may be eligible for the Personalised Employment Pass if they are:

* Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000
The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.

hmmbug wrote:Hi,

Hope that helps.
Correct. You need a local address. Can be a citizen, PR, or EP, so long as they have a NRIC or FIN number.