Singapore Expats Forum

Wed, april 21: let's have some drinks

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
mmmmdave

Wed, april 21: let's have some drinks

Postby mmmmdave » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:58 pm

I'm not sure if there's an official hieraracy as to who gets to announce events for the WNDC. But since nobody else has done so thus far, I'm going to go ahead and announce my intentions to go out tomorrow night and have some beers. Hopefully some of you would like to join me?

It turns out that The Pump Room in Clark Quay has 1-for-1 beers until 8 PM: $12 gets you two pints.
http://www.pumproomasia.com/Promotions-3,1.html

Unless anyone has any better/cheaper ideas, that sounds good to me. See you around 6:30? Please let me know if you're coming so I can get a big table.

Pixies

Postby Pixies » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 3:19 pm

I'll be there!

hanab

Postby hanab » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 5:35 pm

Me too, looking forward to it!

kabs

Postby kabs » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 6:37 pm

Count me in!!!

Hayesy

Postby Hayesy » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 6:54 pm

At last, one I can make too! :D

AdiCtion
Regular
Regular

Re: Wed, april 21: let's have some drinks

Postby AdiCtion » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 7:03 pm

Hi there...I guess there is no official hierarchy...coz I see two WNDC tmrw nite...one is already posted here and the other is posted on WNDC group on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=86202038304 .

It would be great if we can have all interested in one place then two....so please advise where should we head tmrw nite.

mmmmdave wrote:I'm not sure if there's an official hieraracy as to who gets to announce events for the WNDC. But since nobody else has done so thus far, I'm going to go ahead and announce my intentions to go out tomorrow night and have some beers. Hopefully some of you would like to join me?

It turns out that The Pump Room in Clark Quay has 1-for-1 beers until 8 PM: $12 gets you two pints.
http://www.pumproomasia.com/Promotions-3,1.html

Unless anyone has any better/cheaper ideas, that sounds good to me. See you around 6:30? Please let me know if you're coming so I can get a big table.
Cheers!!

Adi ;)

mmmmdave

Postby mmmmdave » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 7:18 pm

I didn't know about the Facebook group.

So they're meeting at this Prive place. I called them to ask if they have any happy hour specials. The lady literally laughed at me. Then she told me they have their special mohito. I asked how much it was and she literally laughed at me again. And then she hung up.

Which suggests to me it's too expensive for my blood.

I think I'm going to stick with my original plan at The Pump Room. But I don't want to step on the WNDC organizers' toes, so let it be clear that their event is obviously the official event. I'm just a broke usurper.

clo

Postby clo » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:04 pm

Hi,

I wonder what time will you guys probably finish at Pump Room? Coz I dont think I can be there at 6.30pm today but still would like to join if you guys are there still. :)

Let me know.
Thx!

xs2kumar

Postby xs2kumar » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 4:18 pm

i'll be there but bit late!! not sure how late!! :)

annemarie415

Postby annemarie415 » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 4:49 pm

I will be there too. Might be a little after 6:30. This is my first WNDC, so if you see a blonde girl wandering around aimlessly, please put me out of my misery :)

Anne Marie

delphman

Postby delphman » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 5:12 pm

OK, two guys more, but late too ! First WNDC too, so hope to find you !