Singapore Expats Forum

Bottle gas valve information needed!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

MartinK

Postby MartinK » Mon, 04 May 2009 4:59 am

OK looks like a big mis-understanding all round :( For those that are interested I got the info I needed from David Loh at Air Liquede, no other companies could be bothered to reply and David has been VERY helpful, Nitrogen uses BS No.8 (Which is what we use for CO2 in the UK) and Propane uses CGA510 (Which is the same as Australia and we have some Australian fittings from when we were out there a couple of years ago) We've found a UK company that can make N2 adapters for us at quite a reasonable cost. BTW to show no hard feeling if anyone here does happen to come see the show ask for me afterwards (Martin) mention that you're from Singapore ex-pats and I'll see if I can sort you out a beer (as long as there's not too many of you! first come first served, while stocks last etc. etc. :) )

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 May 2009 7:15 am

Welcome back Martin. Hope your show goes well. Misunderstandings do happen and as you have found out, there are all kinds of fittings used here. (I working offshore in the Oil industry in Australasia for the better part of 20 years hence the reference to so many standards). Glad you managed to find someone who could turn the adaptors for you.

sms