Singapore Expats Forum

NS problem

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
galbi

NS problem

Postby galbi » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 3:55 pm

hi everybody.

I have joined this forum here and hope that you can help me .. :-|
I have a serious problem as I think that singapore might arrest me when I enter the country because I did not register for ns I am 21 now and I have HK citizenship. I did go to spore for 11 years now all because of ns.

Well, do you think that I may face any problems entering singapore with the HK passport, after all it does show singapore as place of birth -.- or do you think that singapore will not pay attention to the place of birth during immigration and simply give me an entry stamp like for every ordinary travellers to singapore.

please help ! :cry:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 6:25 pm

The odds are you may get picked up. You might get lucky. do you like to gamble? How old were you when you left Singapore?

galbi

Postby galbi » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 7:03 pm

ohhh I think it was around the age of 9 or 10 if I am not mistaken. is the age relevant or why ? xD

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:12 pm

Read the various threads in this forum regarding NS. There are lots of case studies in there and the information has been given over and over numerous times. Don't be afraid to read. It's easier to use the search function than for use to constantly regurgitate the information.

galbi

Postby galbi » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:45 pm

omg I did not want to be penetrating ..

chopin_88

Postby chopin_88 » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 9:18 pm

difficult
Last edited by chopin_88 on Sat, 06 Jun 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:39 am

Seen today's paper about the new database Singapore is setting up to catch all kinds of immigration problems? It's going to be called the BioHub and with simultaneously like 5 major government databases and linked to photo reconition software coupled with fingerprinting electronically using a small hand held data input device. Where it used to take about 5 minutes to access all the information it will not be virtually instantaneous. Should link birth records, fingerprint data, Citizen, Permanent Resident & S Pass holders complete with fingerprint & photo recognition and police files and Inland Revenue databases with MOM and Immigration to just about catch anybody for anything if they have ever been in Singapore at all and are returning. Will also help catch those coming in on new/different Passports as well. Interesting writeup. Seems I wasn't too far off two years ago after all. They have already been doing it but just not as effectively as it can be done.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... ion#242262