Singapore Expats

Cost of Livings in Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ericolson

Cost of Livings in Singapore

Post by ericolson » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 7:14 pm

I have applied for a job at Singapore Island Country Club as a Project Manager. SICC has now asked what I am expecting for salary and benifits. I am a bit clueless, but have had some advise from friends that have worked there.

We are a youngish family of 4, children 2yrs and 5yrs.

What should I ask for in the package? Private medical care, private school, housing, relocation fees, temporary set-up allowance, transportation (car), return flights to UK X4, housing allowance and finally salary?

Any advice would be great.

moto
Regular
Regular

Post by moto » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 9:52 pm

hi

this thread might be of help to you:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... ht=#389912

as for salary, that has been a contentious concern here... i have read several threads where the "veterans" have warned about taking salary estimates here with a tablespoon (rather than a grain) of salt. the income range here is simply so wide you are better off asking your colleagues in your industry and in positions immediately above and below your own.

still, here's the relevant thread:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic13222.html

Callalily
Regular
Regular

Post by Callalily » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 5:46 pm

take everything they can give you!! Schooling and housing would certainly make life very comfortable. As for salary, try and find out what the average salaries are in your industry. Singapore is not a cheap place. Rent is extremely expensive and school fees are high.