Singapore Expats Forum

language exchange (Chinese_English)

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

language exchange (Chinese_English)

Postby celialu » Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:25 pm

Hi, I'm a Chinese girl from Beijing. I have been in Singapore for almost two years and i'm working now after one year of graduate study here. I'm thinking of improving my English in the form of language exchange. If you're a native English speaker, preferably from the U.S. or U.K, and would like to practice your Mandarin Chinese, I can offer you spoken Chinese sessions. We may meet up for about two to four hours every week to talk, in one language for half of the time, and switch to the other language for the other half of the time. Hope you're also a girl so that we have more topics in common! :)

language exchange

Postby fotographie » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 6:36 pm

hi there! i'm a local chinese guy.
but was out of the country for more than 8 years. am now settled back here. and have a bit of free time; week day day times.
so let me know if u're interested to do the language exchange.

would love to learn Chinese

Postby mayme82 » Thu, 23 Apr 2009 4:19 pm

I would love to learn Chinese! Please email me Though to let you know, I'm neither US nor UK. I graduated from NZ and was there for nearly 5 years. I've been in SG for nearly 5 years so I would say I have a little mixed accent. Email me if you are still interested.

Postby pattiho » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:51 pm

Hi, I am a chinese new zealander who new to singapore and would like to learn some mandarin for work. Please email me if you are interested. :-)