Singapore Expats Forum

PTB Scar

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 16 Apr 2009

PTB Scar

Postby vhoythoy » Thu, 16 Apr 2009 6:02 pm

Hi guys!

I've already got an offer from one singaporean Company. My only problem is regarding my PTB Scar. I have a minimum PTB scar on my right lungs. I have all medical certifications and Xray copies to proved that i was already healed. I've failed my application to Qatar last year due to this scar (middle east countries are very strict on this thing). Will i be rejected again this time because of this? :(

User avatar
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Fri, 08 May 2009 3:38 pm

the fear is in that there's always a chance of a relapse, although professionally, i don't feel there's a need for you to have further follow-ups.

you should visit a singapore specialist to investigate your health and check the area to establish that no future follow-up is needed.

your old health reports/xrays will give the doctor more to work with.

then have him (the singapore doc) certify that in a letter for you and include them all with your application.

no guarantee this will work, as it's always easier for the ministry to be "safe than sorry."

good luck!

taxico, M.D.

Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 04 Dec 2009

Postby afreen » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 7:06 pm

hey what happend? did u get singapore employment visa.if yes please share your experience i too have same problem.

please please.....waiting for your reply.

Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2011

Postby Marikina » Mon, 11 Apr 2011 1:48 pm

Hi! I got a P2 pass and it doesn't require me to go under medical examination. However, I should declare that I did not suffer PTB (tuberculosis) before. I suffered a PTB last three years ago and after medication, I got healed though it left a scar on my right lungs and the doctor said that it won't disappear. I have with me my medical history, xray and medical certificate (which says that I am fit to work) from the Philippines. Do you think, I'll have a problem getting my EP?

What should I do? Should I consult a doctor here in Singapore before going to the MoM and report that I suffered from PTB?


  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest