Singapore Expats Forum

Saturday, Sun and Cocktails

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
califusa

Saturday, Sun and Cocktails

Postby califusa » Thu, 16 Apr 2009 1:42 pm

Good afternoon,

We just opened our office here in Singapore with four of us on the ground from the USA. We have been working like dogs and definitely need to blow off some steam this weekend. Would love to get a fun group of guys and girls together for some afternoon cocktails, maybe watch a game, hang out whatever. Suggestions on locations would be helpful as we know next to nothing about the city.

Best,

B

xiaodanxd
Regular
Regular

Postby xiaodanxd » Thu, 16 Apr 2009 2:24 pm

Hi I'm Dan from Singapore. Would love to meet you guys for an afternoon of fun this Saturday. Anything on the agenda's works for me.

Drop me a line @ saddened.souls.xiaodan@gmail.com if your keen. =)

Cheers

Dan

Jasxx

Postby Jasxx » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:44 am

hi, i can help you out a bit. there are a few places you can go to in Singapore.. it depends on where you want to go.. what your preferences are like..

pubs/discos - Harry seems to be a good choice among expats (it is along Boat Quay). for pubs, you may try Long Bar at Raffles Hotel for the drinks and the wonderful jazz music.. the music changes each day but I am not sure about the music for each day. You can try St James Power Station at Harbourfront.. I went to Movida (latin music themed)... it is wonderful cos I like those music.. you can try that too.. for soccer watching.drinks, i think just hit any of those pubs along Boat Quay/Clarke Quay. If you are into Man U, there is a Man U cafe besides Forum Shopping Centre in Orchard area..

Museums - if you like a quiet moment, you can visit the various museums in Singapore.. just go to National heritage board (google it) and you should be able to find all the info you need.

Cafes - basically just hit any of the cafes in Holland Village/Orchard, there are lots of expats hitting these places so it should be ok for you..

just email me at sian_nua@yahoo.com.sg if you need more info.. being in a new place is not that easy.. but luckily you have 3 colleagues with you in SG.

Meggylou

Postby Meggylou » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:25 pm

Hi. i would love to join u saturday. My email is meg1@unwired.com.au

Look forward from hearing from u.
Hi, im looking to make friends in Singapore. Ill be hear for 1 to 2 years. Im From Sydney, Australia.

Arielko

Postby Arielko » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 3:34 pm

Where is the meeting?

hiromice
Regular
Regular

Re: Saturday, Sun and Cocktails

Postby hiromice » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 9:25 am

califusa wrote:Good afternoon,

We just opened our office here in Singapore with four of us on the ground from the USA. We have been working like dogs and definitely need to blow off some steam this weekend. Would love to get a fun group of guys and girls together for some afternoon cocktails, maybe watch a game, hang out whatever. Suggestions on locations would be helpful as we know next to nothing about the city.

Best,

B

Hey califusa,

Glad to see someone else from the USA! :wink: I completely understand how you guys feel, let's plan something together! Please shoot me an email and we can take it from there! :D
My email: hiromice@gmail.com