Singapore Expats Forum

Converting Foreign Driving License to Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Converting Foreign Driving License to Singapore

Postby calvink » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:23 pm

Is there any way that i could covert my foreign driving license into singapore license....

By using singapore license, am i still allow to drive in my own home country when im back one day...

dolphvyn

Yes u can

Postby dolphvyn » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:56 pm

But you must sit a theory test, obtain record of ur driving history and then get the license converted. Good luck! You can go to the centre at Bukit gombak...

FKPhil

Postby FKPhil » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 7:38 pm

http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/Conversion_of_F ... icence.htm
you first need to register with the Driving Centre then you can book your theory test date. using Ang Mo Kio is a good idea because you can do it all online (there are always queues!).
You get to keep your home country licence for trips back home.

For $100 Claudia Klaver does a half day course to talk you through the process and tutor you to pass the test. I'm not sure I'd have passed the test first time without it. Contact her via here.
http://www.transworldrelocations.com.sg/index.html

eshan

Postby eshan » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 9:36 pm

there is no such thing as Converting.

You can get your Singapore license based on your foreign license. That is how I got mine.

but I do not know the latest procedure.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:21 pm

eshan wrote:there is no such thing as Converting.

You can get your Singapore license based on your foreign license. That is how I got mine.

but I do not know the latest procedure.

True, they do not keep your old licence. No you cannot use a Singapore licence in your own Country, unless there is some kind of exemption in place by the legal authority of that Country, is probably the answer. (still waiting for someone to surprise me :) )

Easiest way to find out is to ring your Embassy in Singapore.

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Thu, 23 Apr 2009 8:58 pm

a website which give you some training
http://www.sgdriving.net/

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 1:28 am

of course you must also consider that driving like a complete moron is compulsary in Singapore and all you need to do is memorise the book and blag it? Yes they have strict laws and codes of condust like most developed countries but not the common sense to organise a traffic police force to enfocre them.

Good luck