Singapore Expats Forum

business analyst salaries

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

movin2sing

business analyst salaries

Postby movin2sing » Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:31 pm

guys,

have over 7 yrs of work exp... with MBA in finance... have been offered by an MNC a business analyst (IT) with a package of S$ 6K per month...

how do you think this rates? what is the norm...

what do you think is the saving potential... i am married with a 3 yr old kid...

please bounce off your views...

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:09 am

Not too shabby. If your family is willing to tighten its belt (live in HDB, take public transport, eat hawker food etc) you can probably save as much as $4k per month.

moving2sing

Postby moving2sing » Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:53 pm

well i dont want the family to tighten the belt toooo much...

would be okay living in a 2 bedroom condo... take public transport of course... once in a while use the cabbies, mostly on weekends.... and mostly eat at home... go out once a week probably....

i guess with this also should be able to save up around 2.5-3K p.m.??

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:44 pm

Sounds reasonable. Note that getting your child in an International School or even kindergarten will cost you a pretty penny though.

moving2sing

Postby moving2sing » Fri, 08 Oct 2004 4:23 pm

how much do u think would an indian school attached to CBSE india cost? what would be the fees on monthly basis??

r there good day care centres in singapore...as my wife may take up an assignment...

the new guy

Postby the new guy » Mon, 11 Oct 2004 1:56 am

I make S$6K/month being in the finance field. Without my wife working (and NO kids), we can barely safe 2K. Do the math: 2-bedroom Kondo, good location (trust me, u wanna live close to ur work when u get home around 730 to 800 pm) with all utilities, phone...etc. will cost u around 2K. Dont forget, even with low taxes, u make net after tax around 5400/month. After wine and dine, there is not much left...