Singapore Expats Forum

Insurance question..Travel insurance half way thru trip?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Insurance question..Travel insurance half way thru trip?

Postby notwavingdrowning » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 8:48 am

Happy Easter everyone..

Quick question..My son arrived from Oz last week (20yrs old) We are leaving for Bali on Monday and as he plans on diving etc..I tried to get him travel insurance when we booked our Bali trip.

Now it was easy for me to get insurance as I am a resident of Singapore (green card)..simple $32.00 for a gold package for a weeks insurance..Plus of course I have comprehensive health insurance worldwide..

When I tried to insure my Son, the agent said as Sam was not a resident of Singapore he would need to get insurance in OZ...

So I contacted his agent (harvey world travel) and they said no, no chance, that he had left Oz and now could not be helped!

I am most concerned as I worry about him even walking on the beach in Bali now...

Ps..I know he should of gotten insurance when he visited, but honestly just completely forgot..

What can we do. Anyone been here?

I am hoping there is an option for insurance whilst taking the diving etc trips..

Eat MORE Chocolate :wink:
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

for insurance..

Postby notwavingdrowning » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:18 am

the record..at least what info I have found..

We cannot get insurance for our Bali trip- leaving today- for my 20yr old as he is not a resident of Singapore..

He also cannot get insurance from Oz as he has already left the country..

So annoying...lesson learnt for us..will tread very carefully..
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.