Singapore Expats Forum

Dinner, live bands..?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
moderndaybarbie

Dinner, live bands..?

Postby moderndaybarbie » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 6:42 pm

I am planning one or two days for my cousin. This is her 2nd time in Singapore(her first was when she's six!) So technically speaking, this is almost like a first real stay. Been visiting families and relatives quite a lot, thought of havin dinner and some live bands etc before she leaves on the 11/4. Thought it would be great to have a bigger group to join us. and decent ones only, pls.

fotographie

Postby fotographie » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:37 pm

it really boils down to what kind of music she likes.
a nice dinner at one of the eateries along boat quay, plus a night of music at jazz @ southbridge is a great idea.

or do a nice air-con dinner @ colours by the bay, or rough it out @ makansutra near esplanade, before doing drinks at the harry's there for the live music!!

=)

dashulic

Postby dashulic » Sun, 26 Apr 2009 4:31 pm

Hey,

check out Chijmes. It's at Cityhall MRT. Nice place - a lot of restaurants and bars inside. nice music (live bands). some of the bars are half club, if that makes sense... i mean they have some kind of a dance floor.

also very nice place to have a relaxing drink and listen to live music is at Gallery Hotel.

again, depends what kind of music you guys prefer. The best place to go for a blues/jazz band is BlueJazz cafe at Arab street. can have dinner and drinks there. 2nd floor has dance floor.

Timbre is so far one of my favorite places. every night they have live bands. they are quite good. just to mention Jack and Rai. check out their web site to see who they are featuring on the night you wanna go there. again, can have a good dinner and drinks while listening to music. really nice place. i prefer substation, but there are also art house and old school. all 3 are of one chain - timbre and basically featuring the same band, just on different night.

another place about the same in bands is Wala Wala at Holland Village. Bands are all the same as in Timbre... i think. can have food and drinks.

there are hell a lot of other places all over Singapore. really depends what kind of music you want to hear. most of local bands are rather good. can't say they are outstanding, but really nice to listen to.

hope this helped.
have a good time
cheers!

dashulic

Postby dashulic » Sun, 26 Apr 2009 4:32 pm

Hey,

check out Chijmes. It's at Cityhall MRT. Nice place - a lot of restaurants and bars inside. nice music (live bands). some of the bars are half club, if that makes sense... i mean they have some kind of a dance floor.

also very nice place to have a relaxing drink and listen to live music is at Gallery Hotel.

again, depends what kind of music you guys prefer. The best place to go for a blues/jazz band is BlueJazz cafe at Arab street. can have dinner and drinks there. 2nd floor has dance floor.

Timbre is so far one of my favorite places. every night they have live bands. they are quite good. just to mention Jack and Rai. check out their web site to see who they are featuring on the night you wanna go there. again, can have a good dinner and drinks while listening to music. really nice place. i prefer substation, but there are also art house and old school. all 3 are of one chain - timbre and basically featuring the same band, just on different night.

another place about the same in bands is Wala Wala at Holland Village. Bands are all the same as in Timbre... i think. can have food and drinks.

there are hell a lot of other places all over Singapore. really depends what kind of music you want to hear. most of local bands are rather good. can't say they are outstanding, but really nice to listen to.

hope this helped.
have a good time
cheers!

dashulic

Postby dashulic » Sun, 26 Apr 2009 4:58 pm

Hey,

hope this helped.
have a good time
cheers!

dashulic

Postby dashulic » Sun, 26 Apr 2009 4:58 pm

Hey,

hope this helped.
have a good time
cheers!