Singapore Expats Forum

Stains on Macbook

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
chixchix
Editor
Editor

Stains on Macbook

Postby chixchix » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 9:37 am

Hii all I just bought a Mac book,1 month ago...However, I found some stains just on the right side on the Macbook, juts next to the mousepad. Its a yellowish stain.. It looks awful..any idea how I can remove such a stain and keep it white and clean again..

thanks !!!!
Always have a smile on that face!

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Stains on Macbook

Postby blue_thunder » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:58 am

chixchix wrote:Hii all I just bought a Mac book,1 month ago...However, I found some stains just on the right side on the Macbook, juts next to the mousepad. Its a yellowish stain.. It looks awful..any idea how I can remove such a stain and keep it white and clean again..

thanks !!!!

Try to use alcohol/lighter fluid it will remove the stain.
use it with a soft cloth and use very little alcohol/lighter fluid.
Once you wipe them with this combo , then wipe the same area with dry cloth.
May be you can buy a protector screen(like the one used for mobile/ipod) and apply it to the macbook.

I currently have a macbook and have applied this protector thingy..
BTW its called as Trackpad not a mousepad...thats the difference between a macbook & a normal notebook.

HTH

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 8:16 am

hey buddy thanks so much !!
Always have a smile on that face!

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:09 am

No problem.
I think you should apply trackpad protector skin because most of the time your wrist rests on the area near the trackpad.
If you have macbook white then dont, cos the body is full plastic chances are there to rip off the color on the body.
If you have an aluminum body macbook , then go ahead it keeps ur macbook new always.

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me