Singapore Expats Forum

what is wrong with the forum

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 9:51 pm

Pal wrote:peace ... peace ... peace

This supposed to be a help thread for forum problems.

I keep having to sign in, even though i have deleted cookies now several times still, but i can live with it!

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 9:58 pm

ksl wrote:
Pal wrote:peace ... peace ... peace

This supposed to be a help thread for forum problems.

I keep having to sign in, even though i have deleted cookies now several times still, but i can live with it!

I even threw my chocolate chip cookies down the shoot but hasn't helped!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 10:15 pm

PAL, no sorry this needs to be said. Moderators need to do their role and not be given clear lattitude to blame others for their clear mistakes.

Did we not try to help you with the new changes? YES
Have I tried to to help out the situation? YES
Did I get grief for no reason? YES

And it's not just me, it's FIFTEEN people - IN REAL LIFE ...not only has SMS offended a number of us, but my wife no longer helps out here because of the "holier than though" attitude.

I appreciate that you are the admin person for the forum, but when you have people laughing in real life about the lack of moderation; the support of certain members whose online presence borders on protection of "known friends" who then get blamed on people that had nothing whatsoever to do with original episodes, it shows that Singapore Expats Forum is really not a moderated forum at all - it's a fun place for so-called moderators to make their own decisions on their own discussion board, rather than be grown people and accept those responsibilities.

Flame, cancel my account, do whatever - but there will b e a number of others that are very concerned - and FOUR companies that I have recommended to advertise here.

Mr. P

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:09 am

Why do you guys get so serious on a forum? And even if you do, leave it here once you close it. What's the big deal?

I don't think SMS' moderating abilities here are going to affect anyone's real life. If that does happen then that person's maturity is in question.

As for people quitting a forum because of a certain person or persons, that's a whole lot of bs. One quits for 2 reasons - either one can't handle the shit or does not care enough to handle. Whatever it may be, one leaves because of oneself. It's silly to blame anyone else.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 5:59 am

Thank you Sapphire, this is a free forum and nothing anybody says and does here is really going to affect somebody else's life. Although a point that needs to be raised and often is writing is a different skill to actually sitting round the table and talking to each other. Those of you who have been to university are teachers or have journalistic careers will know what I mean (please add your comments those who fall into that category) I am sure if a number of people here actually met they would find those that don't like or don't get along with very different people. I have met two people from here and they were fine despite considerable arguing here.

As for moderating, please remember we are not paid one solitary penny or cent if you prefer and I am damned if I am going to expend a lot of energy here. In any case when I have tried that has only produced a pile of abuse and taunts (which other posters didn't see but accused me of being the provocative one) from a certain member who will remain nameless. As I said or at least implied above no financial, life or death decisions made here so why worry?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 7:07 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:RNT and WIMH went hell for leather at EACH other

=; Hold on there Cowboy.

I have stayed out of this thread because I felt uncomfortable with some of the posts. However, time to make a small but important clarification: I did not go 'hell for leather' at anyone. For that matter neither did WIMH. She does enjoy confrontation, especially with me, I'll give you that. Her attack of my arguments weren't up to her usual standard, which I believe is why she left. She can't maintain her usual zen with me around, and her attitude toward me is incongruous with her personal goals. However, I never flamed her personally or vice-versa. Look again: No name calling. No references to real-life. No spouses.