Singapore Expats Forum

what is wrong with the forum

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 5:56 pm

Hey, I emailed Pal and asked him if I'd been banned! :P

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 7:14 pm

Oh I bow in the wake of Sunday Morning Staple....!!!! :P

Reminds me of the line "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy" :cool:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 9:05 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Yeh had to ask another forummer to PM you SMS to see if you'd banned me!!! :P

The cookie wipe did it, but then the damn autologins I have for some sites went pear shaped :mad:

Pal, could you maybe make the cookie a little more discoverable, please? If not, may I suggest a sticky about people not being able to log in - with a full reference to the cookie.

Cheers, P

I didn't get your PM as I couldn't login either! :o That's why I had to email Pal using his personal email. It's wouldn't even allow me to post in the Announcements thread!

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 2:24 am

Using Safari on my imac I can't log into the forum. Windows IE is fine

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:49 am

iMac. Kinda said it all didn't it! :P

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 1:47 pm

How is it today? Please keep me updated.

We have to rename the cookie so that users do not need to login/logout when switching from Forum to Classifieds.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 3:00 pm

Pal - do you mean you HAVE changed the name of the cookie or WILL? Will you advise when we need to delete it and re-log in to recreate it?

Cheers, Mr. P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 3:56 pm

Pal, so far no problems except me having to do a F1 on starting up my home PC. (maxed out the ram). I was logged in when I left the office and am still logged into my home pc so apparently the cookie is okay so far. Regardless of whether you meant have or had, how much trouble is it to clear cookies if you have a problem. Not a biggie.

Especially when we are looking for it. :P

Anyway, you have already advised up at the top of each page that if we are having problems to clear our cookies.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 5:03 pm

Maybe not for you SMS, but for others including myself it's a pain unless we can identify the cookie easily. Some sites also use multiple cookies, and this was one of the other reasons I asked the question.

With regard to the advice at the top of the page, that does not render that well and it's very small print. It also didn't appear when the original cookie was nerfed.

But then again, as long as you're ok. PS - read my posting before flaming me, next time. I said I asked ANOTHER forummer to PM you. Therefore, you did not receive a PM from ME, as I could not log in. Stop hip-firing at me (and others) for a change.

Pal, seems stable but if you can clarify the question I asked I'm sure it will help out more than one contributor to the forum.

Thanks, P

[edit: correcting SMS]

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:25 pm

](*,) #-o Not sure what crawled up your rectum, but sorry, when I cannot log in either I don't get PM's from anybody. Surely you do realize that. :roll:

But then again, you didn't bother to ask Pal to tell you WHAT the name of the cookie was. Therefore, you are still back to square one aren't you.

.....edited to correct sierra2469alpha alias Mr. P alias Ms. C alias Capt. P alias P whatever......

getting silly isn't it..... :quarrel:

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sun, 05 Apr 2009 3:17 am

Not everyone will encounter a problem when changing cookie name. In fact, the majority of the users (including myself) do not have any problem.
Singapore Expats

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 05 Apr 2009 9:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:](*,) #-o Not sure what crawled up your rectum, but sorry, when I cannot log in either I don't get PM's from anybody. Surely you do realize that. :roll:

But then again, you didn't bother to ask Pal to tell you WHAT the name of the cookie was. Therefore, you are still back to square one aren't you.

.....edited to correct sierra2469alpha alias Mr. P alias Ms. C alias Capt. P alias P whatever......

getting silly isn't it..... :quarrel:

Supersilious hip-shooting nonsense - unlike you normally. It's quite unfortunate. If someone disagrees with you, or you don't read a post, you seem to become very disagreeable. I did ask about the naming of the cookie. Read, Rinse, Repeat.

The nonsense about the signoffs was whether or not my wife (who has now left the forum due solely to your attitude - other moderators take note).

We had lunch today with some other forummers, and your reputation is somewhat tarnished - you blame people for the inability of moderators to do their job (i.e. moderate), and blame everybody for your inability to do what some of us do on other forums on a regular basis. Professional forums, I might add.

You wish to tarnish those who disagree with you, and those of us who actually meet in real life are getting a bit annoyed with this persistent attitude that moderators seem to think they do no wrong. In fact, you're a bit of a luaghing stock in real life amongst some of us. That's unfortunate - you've done some great work here.

So, SMS, settle, do your role as the rest of us do here - help people, rather than flaming regulars who actually try to help.

Best of luck....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:07 am

:-k Please accept my apologies, I've made a grave mistake. However, I don't remember having any direct conversation with Ms. C. Unlike what happened here around 10 days ago when another regular of 'long' standing left partially due to your "so-called professionalism" as was so eloquently exhibited then.

You can write all the garbage & opinions you like trying to put me down, but at the end of the day, you often crawl around in the slime as well but those same people won't say that to your face. I remember something recently in a post you fired at r.n.t. for instance. Maybe keeping a reminder to sweep off your own back porch first would be in order.

Good example was my comment about having to email Pal. I was emphasizing that I could only get through to Pal via eMail as I also couldn't log in. I needed to know what was going on as well. Why you took that the way you did and the hostile response you gave me, dog only knows.

This is my last comment on this subject so have a blast blasting at me. I will just have to consider the source.

sms

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 9:32 pm

I love the way you blame me for WIMH leaving...that's actually quite original, given the other posts, and the conversations had in real life. RNT and WIMH went hell for leather at EACH other - we had nothing to do with it - that's why there's 11 people considering your attitude as being a big cheers to SMS last Sunday. MUPPET.

Read, Rinse, Repeat - READ what the posts were about rather than your usual hip-fire at someone. You're a nice bloke, SMS, but you are picking on the wrong people as usual (so it seems).

So, as I suggested, settle, and do what you do well, rather than flame those of us who try to help out. If you don't like it, then remember that attitudes of moderators turn people away - cases in point as you can see (it was YOUR protection of people that meant WIMH left- we all know that - so don't muppet-up). You know it. Stop protecting those that attack for no reason - stop protecting your so-called friends.

Be careful - and think about the way in which you moderate in the future. Those of us that moderate on professional forums have a little less attitude and a lot more professionalism.

Signed, both Mr. P and Ms. C (although you'll want to be the usual muppet about that)

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 9:39 pm

peace ... peace ... peace

This supposed to be a help thread for forum problems.
Singapore Expats