Singapore Expats Forum

20 somethings Cheap Beer and Satay at Lau Pa Sat- Wednesday

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 4:30 pm

We did thank you Richard but I am positive next week will be just as successful so no worries.

See you next week

Sally

MaybeAMovin

Postby MaybeAMovin » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Sally et. al.

In Singapore for the week (may be movin here with the family over the next few months) - would love to try and pick some expat brains while I'm here over satay and beer and beer and beer.

Will try and get down there tomorrow night, work permitting.

Aaron

play_kitty

Postby play_kitty » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 6:18 pm

Is satay wednesdays still on? I'd like to head down.
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman!

ABuNeNe

Postby ABuNeNe » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 9:19 pm

Working nearby, might drop by to join in the fun.

jennabethphoto

Postby jennabethphoto » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 9:19 pm

Hi! New to Singapore - this sounds so fun! are you still doing it these days? Anything for tomorrow night?
Thanks!

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 5:38 pm

Hey just to remind everyone that we are still going strong so if anyone is out there and looking for something new to try out on a Wednesday night, why don't you pop on by?

We meet outside Satay Power, Stall 6-7, in Lau Pa Sat (its the stall with the pink t-shirts and neon signs) If you can't see us, just ask the guys at the stall for Sally (although we are usually pretty hard to miss)

If you have any questions or just wanna make contact first you can email me on rndc.sing@gmail.com.

We meet from 7.30 onwards

Sally

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 5:43 pm

Hey just to remind everyone that we are still going strong so if anyone is out there and looking for something new to try out on a Wednesday night, why don't you pop on by?

We meet outside Satay Power, Stall 6-7, in Lau Pa Sat (its the stall with the pink t-shirts and neon signs) If you can't see us, just ask the guys at the stall for Sally (although we are usually pretty hard to miss)

If you have any questions or just wanna make contact first you can email me on rndc.sing@gmail.com.

Sally

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 5:45 pm

just to remind everyone that we are still going strong so if anyone is out there and looking for something new to try out on a Wednesday night, why don't you pop on by?

Sally

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 9:16 pm

Hey,

This sounds wicked - will join you next Wednesday if that is OK! I'll drop you an email first.

Looking forward to it...
Claire

Wellman
Regular
Regular

Re: Random Nights Drinking Club- Lau Pa Sat Wednesdays

Postby Wellman » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:07 pm

Irish wrote:You have got to love $20 freeflow at insomnia.

Irish wrote:...Hyde on boat quay afterwards where you get a free bottle of vodka and mixers for every six people that turn up.

Woah woah woah!!! $20 freeflow!! Free vodka!! Can somebody please tell me more?

Fellow Irishman

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Mon, 22 Mar 2010 3:45 pm

We are still going strong so if anyone is interested please come along - we are always happy to see a new face.

We no longer meet at the MRT but instead just head straight for Satay Power (stall 6-7 ) in Lau Pa Sat. It is run by guys in bright pink t-shirts so you really can't miss it and we are the group of expats sitting right in front. If for whatever reason you can't find us - just ask the guys for Sally's group and they will point us out (we are almost famous at this stage :-P). We are there from 7.30 onwards.

As for free flow - Insomnia ladies night is every wednesday $20SGD entrance free and then free flow for guys from 9-11 pm and for gals 9-12. Wednesday night is ladies night all over Singapore so you can find drinks deals all over DBLO is another one but that is more clubby. The free vodka used to be available at Kazbar, Boat Quay on Wednesdays if you brought more than 6 people but I am pretty sure they stopped doing that - probably after 24 of us turned up two weeks in a row.

Sally
rndc.sing@gmail.com

beyonce

Postby beyonce » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:25 pm

Hey there!

I can't believe i missed that out yesterday, i work near Lau Pa Sat.

I will see you guys next week then, will be happy to meet you all.

Cheers:)

new york

Postby new york » Sun, 28 Mar 2010 9:29 pm

hi! does this meet up still tale place??

beyonce

Postby beyonce » Wed, 31 Mar 2010 9:06 pm

I agree, it would be good to know if this gathering still takes place nowadays, how about next week?

I couldn't make it from work today to check this out personally.

:)

yangderox

Postby yangderox » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 8:41 pm

am 20 year old local came back from australia 6 years ago, too young to join =) ?

my email is yangdesg@hotmail.com, feel free 2 add me on facebook =)