Singapore Expats Forum

20 somethings Cheap Beer and Satay at Lau Pa Sat- Wednesday

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sezsarah

Postby sezsarah » Sun, 07 Jun 2009 4:06 pm

hey hey hey! Just got here myself- definitely fit into your 20-something category so I'd love to join in on the wednesday fun.. if it's still going on? I'd love to meet with some other expats! Cheers!

Nakano121

Party at the New Butter Factory...

Postby Nakano121 » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 2:51 am

Hi people,

Care to join me to party at the new Butter Factory? Tuesday on the 16th of June...

Drop me an Sms, Ms Janice.....97872077...Cheers.

frenzal
Regular
Regular

Postby frenzal » Thu, 11 Jun 2009 3:05 pm

There was a huge turnout yesterday and we all had a brilliant night, particularly when we retreated to dance/sweat at Insomnia. I recommend that even more people come along next week lah.

S.

kwb

Postby kwb » Sun, 14 Jun 2009 7:07 am

Hey everyone,

I would like to join sometime, I am moving to Singapore in 4 days, so I would like to meet new people if possible =)

Irish

Random Nights Drinking Club- Lau Pa Sat Wednesdays

Postby Irish » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:19 am

Hi everyone,

As usual the Wednesday night gang will be hitting Raffles Place MRT station at 7.00, look out for the big group by the passenger services desk and then on to Lau Pa Sat for about 7.15!

Last wednesday there was a massive turnout and if the fact that we were still partying in the wee small hours is anything to go by, it was a good night!! You have got to love $20 freeflow at insomnia... (the severe hangover the next day questioned that love)

This week I think we are going to head to Hyde on boat quay afterwards where you get a free bottle of vodka and mixers for every six people that turn up- I am going sober for the rest of the month so that should be an interesting test haha! The great band are on again at Insomina as well, so I would say it is a toss up between the two.

Just email mclaughlin.gareth@gmail.com to get added to the weekly mailing list, we are there every wednesday so just show up and your bound to meet a few new friends!

Irish

Postby Irish » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,

As usual the Wednesday night gang will be hitting Raffles Place MRT station at 7.00, look out for the big group by the passenger services desk and then on to Lau Pa Sat for about 7.15, by satay stall 6!

Just email rndc.sing@gmail.com to get added to the weekly mailing list, we are there every wednesday so just show up and your bound to meet a few new friends!

Wen81

Postby Wen81 » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 6:22 pm

Hiya....is this just an expat bunch, or locals too? Any girls?
I'm interested...so umm...I'll just come up and say hi if I see a big bunch of people? ?
Lol.

Cheers
Last edited by Wen81 on Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurpleBottle

Postby PurpleBottle » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 6:29 pm

I'd be keen to join. Count me in. Is there an approximate on the number of people attending?

agopal
Regular
Regular

Postby agopal » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:36 pm

This sound fun...!!! Anything happening today?? Would love to joing and make some new buddies....
Monday is a hard way to spend one-seventh of your life...!!!

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 2:44 pm

Hey everyone - it has been quite awhile but we are still going strong so if anyone is interested either a) follow Irish's instructions above or b) contact rndc.sing@gmail.com.

We are out tonight as usual, all are welcome

Sally

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 9:58 pm

Its has been awhile so just wanted to remind you guys that we are still going strong so if anyone is interested please feel free to join us (whether you have just got off the plane or have been thinking about joining as for a while)

Its 2010, a new year, a new decade so the perfect excuse to come out and meet some new people.

We do it the same every week - meet at Raffles Place MRT station at 7 pm and then move on to Lau Pa Sat for (you guessed it - Satay and Tiger beer)

Hope you can make it

Sally
rndc.sing@gmail.com

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 5:54 pm

Just a quick reminder for anyone who is interested in some good food, cool company and cheap beer and the possibility of hitting the dance floor afterwards.

Our MRT meet-ups have dwindled of late so the best thing to is rock up to Stall 6-7 (Satay Power) - it is the one with all the LED's so you seriously can't miss it and ask for Sally. They will happily point you to the right table (though we are usually quite hard to miss!)

All welcome and the more the merrier

Sally
rndc.sing@gmail.com

Cookie1983

Postby Cookie1983 » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:21 pm

Hi Sally,

Myself and a couple of other newbies I've met are planning on joining you tomorrow. Looking forward to it. :D

Richard.

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:51 am

Excellent! We are very easy to find - Satay Power, stall 6-7 from 7.30 onwards! They were bright pink t-shirts for a uniform and there are LED's all over the stall so its pretty difficult to miss.. as are we! We will be the group of expats directly infront to the stall.

If for some reason you can't find us just ask them for Sally and they will point you in the right direction! Easy peasy, see you tonight

Sally x

Cookie1983

Postby Cookie1983 » Thu, 14 Jan 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Sally,

Apologies for not making it last night - something came up at work last min. I hope you had a good time?! Hopefully I'll be there next week!

Richard.