Singapore Expats Forum

Facial acne

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

abracadabra

Facial acne

Postby abracadabra » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 9:19 pm

Hi all. Can you help me get rid of my facial acne, please? Or even hide or minimize them if possible? I'll be on my best friend's wedding entourage and would like to be a lot beautiful lol seriously, i just want them out of my face. Tried several creams, medications, popping them but with no success. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

disasterpiece

Postby disasterpiece » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:09 am

I understand how that feels, abracadabra. Ask your dermatologist about Cleocin-T Gel. It's available on any pharmacy. It's a cream you apply twice a day on the affected areas and after a few use, that should help you get rid of the acne. Hope this helps!

NuNex

Re: Facial acne

Postby NuNex » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 2:56 pm

abracadabra wrote:Hi all. Can you help me get rid of my facial acne, please? Or even hide or minimize them if possible? I'll be on my best friend's wedding entourage and would like to be a lot beautiful lol seriously, i just want them out of my face. Tried several creams, medications, popping them but with no success. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Hi abracadabra, before I make any recommendation, do you mind taking a pic of your face (side view) to see how serious is your acne, if you don't mind?

You can send to my email: the-right-approach@hotmail.com

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.

sunnybee

Postby sunnybee » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 8:29 pm

Hi,
You can go to the dox and get some oral medication (depending on how serious it is, as some of these meds have side effects like drying up your skin at the same time etc).
I had pimple problems all my life, but somehow it miraculously disappeared (just in 2 days time and never came back since) after using cleansing oil.

sammieluv

Postby sammieluv » Mon, 18 May 2009 7:10 pm

hey there!

pls, pls dun ever pop your pimples!! it will cause scarring which makes it even harder to remove!

you might want to try getting those doctor-prescribed creams? i used to have very bad acne a few yrs back, owing to the weather and my sensitive skin condition. but i visited a dermatologist and she prescribed me some creams and doctor-prescribed skincare and my skin really cleared up after that! :D

of cuz it's not cheap, so i've since switched to simple skincare. works like a charm ;)

amiee40
Chatter
Chatter

Postby amiee40 » Tue, 19 May 2009 8:14 pm

Try Proactive. It is available in most pharmacies.

monaG

Postby monaG » Fri, 22 May 2009 1:07 am

My friend recommended me 2 products. After cleaning your face, rub in "clean & clear astringent", and then put on a thick layer of "clean & clear persa gel10", or anything with "salicylic acid" or "benzoyl peroxide", just on the breakouts.

Don't use them on the good skin, since they will dry it out.

HTH