Singapore Expats Forum

Language Exchange: English for native Chinese/Canton/Malay

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Language Exchange: English for native Chinese/Canton/Malay

Postby another_novice » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 8:54 pm

Hi, I was posted to Singapore and always admire good spoken English.
Recently just hanged out with a few friends from england n amsterdam, had some great session with them and my spoken and hearing of English improved a lot, but then after they left, it goes back to square one.

I'm trying to find someone who speaks international/good English, not for the reason of working or anything else, but own pleasure as I find it cool to speak good English, just hang out for eat, or during weekends, have some drinks, thats enough. in exchange for that, i can share with you some local language, Chinese-Cantonese-Malay, all native spoken and written, with excellent grades A1 in O-level in these languages and prizes in composition writing contest.

or any music lovers out there welcome to pm or msn me as well. my bg is classical piano but is doing pop freelancer pianist at the moment, some simple guitar and drum also.

Interested pls msn me at, or PM.

Postby xiaodanxd » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:23 am

Hi - I'm Dan from Sg, and would like to meet you. I speak English with an international English accent, having been at the British Council for 3 months and learning British word stresses and intonation intensively (something not every Singaporean has). For instance, I say CONtract instead of conTRACT as what our local people do (that's kinda a flaw in Singaporean English where the stress is inclining instead of downgoing).

Email me @