Singapore Expats Forum

Expectantant American 1st Time Parents?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Expectantant American 1st Time Parents?

Postby nkn1129 » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 4:26 pm

Any first time parents from the States interested in meeting up? We are a couple in late 20s/early 30s who are expecting our first son in July. As none of our current friends have kids, it is kind of tough to go out with them. Would love to meet some other 1st time parents to hang out with. We are originally from Los Angeles and moved here about 2 years ago. Pls email us at t1c52002 at Thanks!

Postby rosborn » Sun, 29 Mar 2009 2:54 pm

Firstly congratulations. That's great news.

There is a massive network (or networks) here for parents so you are in luck. The New Mother's support group may be something you might like to join.

They hold a monthly meet up, generate a newsletter re: activities for parents with bubs/kids including regular walks and meet-ups and monthly they organise a get together at the Tanglin Gymboree. Last month I went and there was around 15 babies (and parents) at least.

If you google words like ' parents, singapore, group' you may come up with others because I am sure there are some.

It's a great way to meet people.

Good luck!

Postby RachaelS » Sun, 29 Mar 2009 5:20 pm

Congrats on the baby to come. I'm also American, 25 years old, married to an amazing husband from Australia (35 yrs old), we have a 2 year old daughter, and just found out on Monday we are having our 2nd!!! I have to say I loved LA the 2 or 3 times I went to visit family there. It's a great shopping location. I've just started a small playgroup as well as a girls night group. I don't drink a lot even when I'm not pregnant, but I still love a good laughing session with women who I can relate to. I found it a bit difficult at playgroups cause I just felt like everyone wanted to talk about their kids, your kids, and being a mother, when all I want is someone I can ask what movies are good, what restaurants we should go to, or even issues we both have in our lives. If you're interested email me. Sorry my name is Rachael.