Singapore Expats

Regarding Renunciation of Singapore Citizenship

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Plavt
Director
Director

Re: singapore

Post by Plavt » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 3:15 pm

Simon-2009 wrote: I lived in France and I regret to tell you for example: people there say Marseille c'est fini.
What has that got to with Singapore and how is it relevant? You might care to consider not everybody reading this board understands French.
If we will follow such people like you sun... we will see riots, blood and many other things.
What has Sun (whoever he/she/what/is) said that will cause, incite or result in a riot.
As for homework: Please do not insult me. I hope I did all homeworks in my life.
With your spelling and English grammar you could have fooled me.
That what they did in USSR. And that was a much bigger country.
You might care to enlighten us here as I believe the break up of the U.S.S.R was a entirely different issue to that what is or might happen in Singapore or for that matter other countries.

Knightman_38

Post by Knightman_38 » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 8:50 pm

Simon,

First of all if you are going to critic anyone, please critic your english and grammar. You make no sense at all to anyone reading your posts.

Where have I said anything that is not true. Its great that you want to live, be ruled and controlled by such a controlling and interfering government who have granted you limited rights to what you can say or do. How long has the PAP party been in power and will they ever relinquish it, I think not. You have your opinions and I have mine. You said you have lived in the US. It must not have been for long as English is the primary language here and the schools do teach grammar; which I am sure to which you have excelled.

You say you live in paradise. Ever been to Hawaii? Are you that jaded to think that children in the US are kept in their homes and not free to enjoy the outdoors? Which country is known as a Superpower? Which country helps others in need? The same country that allows to chew gum, gives us the freedom of speech and allows to live in a melting pot society.

I may have been in Singapore but it was not by choice. And just because I was born there does not mean I want to live there.
Actions speak louder than words and bysaying that I am infering to the fact that I moved. My whole family and I moved from Singapore and to the US. All I want to do is to renounce my citizenship and come back for a visit.

Open your eyes and expand your horizons. Before you decide to get on your soap box and preach please think about what you are saying. Have a point and make it. You for now, make no sense.

igwt

Re: Regarding Renunciation of Singapore Citizenship

Post by igwt » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 9:46 pm

Knightman_38 wrote:... as I have to contact CMPB, stating that I am a defaulter and have to resolve my NS offence as soon as possible. What exactly does this mean? They will not give me a straight answer...
Hi Knightman,

Have you actually contacted CMPB? What did they tell you exactly when they did not give you a straight answer? Did they advise how you can resolve the NS offence while you are overseas? Or did they ask you to fly back to SG to resolve it?

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 9:47 pm

Simon, before you stick your foot any further in your mouth, try retracting your head from that place where the sun never shines. I didn't arrive in Singapore yesterday. I've probably been here 2, 3 or even 4 times longer than you have. My son was born here and will be doing his NS here as well once he finishes school as he is currently on an exemption (he's 19 already) My daughter, who is 25 was also born here. So before you speak, at least understand who you are speaking to. Oh, I also come from the greatest country in the world with the worst track record of presidents in the Universe (current one no exception either) Math might be your strength but there doesn't seem to be much else? I've spent more than half of my adult life in asia and the past 26 years in Singapore.

Of course it's nice the see the first blush of a new citizen. They wear it with so much pride for the first couple of years. Then the newness wears off and the reality that the grass wasn't quite as green as was though starts seeping in. You'll see...... :wink:

Utopia? More like 1984 don't you think? Oops, sorry, I forgot, they don't want you to think here as you might realize the truth.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Mon, 06 Apr 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Knightman_38

Post by Knightman_38 » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 9:50 pm

Igwt,

They,( CMPB), did in fact respond and said they wanted my flight info and to let them know exactly when I am flying to Singapore. Also they said that I could be incarcerated for 3 years and fined for up to S $10,000.

They were insistant on me resolving this as soon as possible.

With this in mind I have decided against flying back to Singapore.