Singapore Expats Forum

Crew position for non Singaporean

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 5:16 am

crack9 wrote:
it's not abt the nationality. SIA is an asian airline and therefore it would like to preserve it's local flavour by hiring local (ie. ethnic chinese, malay, and indian) girls. u wouldnt see a chinese malay or ind]ian hired by a european airline wld u.

That is just the kind of BS I have come to expect in this thread; first of all it is about nationality which is what you have said yourself in your second sentence contradicting the first. As for your statement 'you wouldn't see a Chinese, Malay or Indian hired by a European airline' shows you probably haven't ventured further than your own front door. European airlines are multi-cultural and have crews of various ethnicities including Indians, Chinese, Malays and others some of whom are nationals of their respective countries and are based there. Looks like you have chosen an appropriate nic. :roll:

Daisydoo

Postby Daisydoo » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 6:27 pm

Erm.........................yes you would!! :roll:

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 7:08 pm

Daisydoo wrote:Thank you for your reply but I wasnt really asking about SIA in particular just any airline but I think I have the answer now. What I cant understand is why will these airlines employ pilots from anywhere in the world but not cabin crew? :x

Oh well back to the job drawing board for me. :(

Daisydoo = the worldwide shortage of tech crew is massive. However, some airlines still think RPK vs RTK - as long as that ratio goes down, they are happy. Unfortunately, few of them are pilots.

Remember, we need you guys in the cabin. As an ex Captain (not SQ), we depend on you all when you get in. Best of luck with your endeavours.

Mr. P.

Daisydoo

Postby Daisydoo » Thu, 11 Jun 2009 9:05 pm

Thanks Mr P :)

Think Ive given up now anyways :?