Singapore Expats Forum

How to suppress love?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Impressive

How to suppress love?

Postby Impressive » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:35 pm

Hi all,

I am married with a child. I have been teaching in a government aided school for years. Over the years I have seen many students come and go and have always been happy with a professional teacher-student relationship. But there is this girl whom I have taught for several short years. She graduated recently from my school and over the time span I have taught her, I have been very secretly in love with her. Even though she has left I still feel very strongly about her and cannot forget her. This girl is different from others and I am willing to sacrifice anything for her.... anything. I am more than 10 years her senior. Should I let her know? Is it morally and ethically incorrect? I tried hard but cannot suppress my feelings for her.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: How to suppress love?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 1:46 pm

Impressive wrote:Hi all,

I am married with a child.

You are also very sick if you can even consider something like that. I suggest you first discuss it with your wife and child.

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

must agree

Postby Allibert » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 1:54 pm

you'll get over it when you grow up

Impressive

Postby Impressive » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 2:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
You are also very sick if you can even consider something like that. I suggest you first discuss it with your wife and child.

Don't be hypocritical.... you fell in love with your husband's friend or relative right? You wish to make passionate love to one of them right? In bed at night you fantasized about making love to one of em right? Please don't be hypocritical.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 4:18 pm

Impressive wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Don't be hypocritical.... you fell in love with your husband's friend or relative right? No You wish to make passionate love to one of them right? No In bed at night you fantasized about making love to one of em right? No again Please don't be hypocritical.

You are one sick puppy. You know that? Are you sure you don't have love and lust confused? Big difference. Ask you wife. She can probably tell you the difference. And you say you are a teacher? God help our kids! What school do you teach at.

:shock:

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 5:08 pm

Might she be a closet lesbian? ;)

After all, her reference for having an affair is a husband's friend who, with greater likelihood, is a guy, which makes the OP (more probably) a woman. (How many philosophical fallacies am I committing here?)

The mystery unravels...

(And, yes, man or woman, needs therapy)

Dr_H

Postby Dr_H » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 7:15 pm

the hilarity of it all .. the professor says .. go screw 10 other women .... you will get over her in minutes ... love, the professor adds, is nothing but an illusion that one woman differs from another .. the best way to go over one woman is to get over another ...

Don't listen to the moralists .. there is nothing wrong with you .. it is perfectly natural to get bored with one woman .. and to seek variety .. but dude, don't get fixated any one woman .. that is just pathetic ...
...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right........

Ram08
Regular
Regular

Hi

Postby Ram08 » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 9:54 pm

Reading your original thread its quite obvious to me that you have built up a platform for getting juicy responses from the community - and you are sitting back laughing and enjoying the responses being posted here.
Your post is inidcative of your level of intellect which is by no means average - I say that because of the way you write and construct your sentences - I can read into it.

In conclusion - even if what you write is true - you would know that it is morally and ethically inappropriate.

If you are as dumb as you want us to believe - go track her down and tell her - I am deeply in love with you but I am married and have a child, so lets both run away. Thats all you need to do and just sit back and watch what happens. She'll run away leaving you high and dry and you'll come crashing down from the illusion you have "supposedly" built around extra-marital affairs. That is if you take pride as a teacher and have imbibed the right princliples of life in your pupils.
Widening my social circle

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:24 pm

moto wrote:Might she be a closet lesbian? ;)

After all, her reference for having an affair is a husband's friend who, with greater likelihood, is a guy, which makes the OP (more probably) a woman. (How many philosophical fallacies am I committing here?)

The mystery unravels...

(And, yes, man or woman, needs therapy)

Ohhh! I complete forgot that possibility. Wonder if she's a convent teacher? I've heard some strange stories about convent schools over the years!

Actually it's probably nothing more than a Friday Wind-up on Wednesday just to be different! :P