Singapore Expats Forum

beach volleyball at sentosa.. Come Join the fun

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bariq1
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bariq1 » Fri, 02 Apr 2010 2:47 pm

to those who pm'd me, i dont if my replies are going thru or not. so better sms at 98559264.

game tomorrow. meet up at vivo city 2.30pm.

nearest mrt station is harbourfront.

cya

bariq1
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bariq1 » Thu, 08 Apr 2010 9:27 am

Game this Saturday 10-04-2010 @ Tanjong Beach - Sentosa.

Meet up at VIVO city @ 2.30pm or meet directly at the beach.

cya

ranji76

Game on

Postby ranji76 » Fri, 09 Apr 2010 3:19 pm

Want to change the after game schedule a bit? how about watching a movie (if any worth watching is running)

hellofan
Regular
Regular

Re: Game on

Postby hellofan » Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:41 am

ranji76 wrote:Want to change the after game schedule a bit? how about watching a movie (if any worth watching is running)

Suggest "Baywatch 2". I think there is a preview tonight?
Its about a bunch of adults playing beachvolleyball and then got all swept away into the sea by Tsunami. So they have to float on water for 13 hours with only 1 volleyball as their float.
The human ugly and the good sides come into play, as they struggle to take turns to grab the volleyball to keep themselves afloat in the sea.

Baywatch means - watch out for that babe and the tsunami when you are at the Bay.....

raylistic87

Postby raylistic87 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:49 am

Erm, who is hellofan?

patpet30

Postby patpet30 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 2:11 am

hi, is there another beachvolley meeting next sat? i really like to play but i'm littlebit noob. so do u accept newbies? :)

raylistic87

Postby raylistic87 » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:02 am

sms the organiser. His phone number can be found in one the posts. Sometimes he is too busy to visit this forum.

Bigrich100

Postby Bigrich100 » Mon, 03 May 2010 8:26 pm

Hi, is there beach volley ball this weekend, I would be interested in taking part, if you need some extra players.

ranji76

Game on

Postby ranji76 » Tue, 04 May 2010 11:28 am

Guys since we have quite a big crowd of enthusiastic people who are all eager to play and improve(there is always scope for improvement) how about having teams of 5 a side and play match's. Looser get off and next team gets on. It will also increase the level of game and be more fun also. Instead of 6 a side games where all have to fight to touch the ball we have some competitive fun. Any ideas?

ranji76

yes

Postby ranji76 » Tue, 04 May 2010 11:30 am

Bigrich100 wrote:Hi, is there beach volley ball this weekend, I would be interested in taking part, if you need some extra players.

Yes we have game this weekend, we play every weekend no matter what nature throws at us.

ranji76

who is hellofan

Postby ranji76 » Tue, 04 May 2010 12:19 pm

raylistic87 wrote:Erm, who is hellofan?

he is if i have to put it in his own words "i am the center of the universe"

cyber_grouch

Postby cyber_grouch » Tue, 04 May 2010 12:46 pm

That's a nice idea. We can break down to teams so we could work as units.
Veni Vidi Vici

ranji76

great

Postby ranji76 » Tue, 04 May 2010 12:52 pm

cyber_grouch wrote:That's a nice idea. We can break down to teams so we could work as units.

Great atleast one in favor, now if all others fall in line. would be great. If this goes well then we can have our own little tournaments later :D.....

ranch

Postby ranch » Tue, 04 May 2010 12:55 pm

ranji76 wrote:Guys since we have quite a big crowd of enthusiastic people who are all eager to play and improve(there is always scope for improvement) how about having teams of 5 a side and play match's. Looser get off and next team gets on. It will also increase the level of game and be more fun also. Instead of 6 a side games where all have to fight to touch the ball we have some competitive fun. Any ideas?

don't know if I really have a say since I won't be able to join for a while. Here is my 2 cents:
I prefer 4 aside or 6 aside. 5 is never orgenized enough. So we can Ouse this method if we have more than 12 (8), so at least part of the losing team is replaced. We just have to make sure people do not have to wait more than one match.

Another angle is that some may not have the patience to wait and join one of the other groups, so we may lose some of our best players for short periods of time.

Anyways, best will be to bring it up on the beach and let everyone decide

ranji76

Postby ranji76 » Tue, 04 May 2010 1:46 pm

ranch wrote:don't know if I really have a say since I won't be able to join for a while. Here is my 2 cents:
I prefer 4 aside or 6 aside. 5 is never orgenized enough. So we can Ouse this method if we have more than 12 (8), so at least part of the losing team is replaced. We just have to make sure people do not have to wait more than one match.

Honestly speaking any suggestion that will improve the speed of the game and keep it more interesting is welcome. Well 6 is too many and 4 is too less. 5 i said cause then we can use a bigger court and keep the point down to 21. We could do the same with 4 players but then we have to leave more people out of each game. Yeah true best is to discus it out. But we really need to speed up the game and also keep it more competitive so all can improve and work up a nice sweat at same time too.