Singapore Expats

Logo Design

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Thaiclan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Thaiclan » Tue, 05 May 2009 4:51 pm

That seems weird. I posted an ad for logo design and website theme in the "$50 - $500" budget bracket and I got 24 responses, cheapest being $50, most expensive being $240 (France). I went with a $65 quote from a designer in Bulgaria, the job is still working but Im very happy with the design concept he has created thus far.
All my other jobs posted received at least 10 service providers quotes.

Thaiclan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Thaiclan » Tue, 05 May 2009 4:52 pm

HI Cynical Banker, if you want I can post your ad and let you know the responses...?

cynicalbanker

Post by cynicalbanker » Tue, 05 May 2009 4:58 pm

No worries. I'll do it myself. Thanks so much!

What I had meant was that I posted in the classified ads of this forum but did not get any response yet.

=)

Thaiclan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Thaiclan » Tue, 05 May 2009 5:02 pm

Oops sorry I misunderstood. $500 doesn't go far in Singapore, infact convert it to GBP and you get alot more for your money design wise in the UK. Its ridiculous but it seems Singapore just doesn't have the same competition as say the UK and thus prices remain inflated.
You will get all your work done for around $100 on elance or an equivalent site. You will also be able to change the designs as much as you like (within reason of course) until you are happy with the look.
Good Luck :-)

cynicalbanker

Post by cynicalbanker » Tue, 05 May 2009 5:20 pm

Thaiclan wrote:Oops sorry I misunderstood. $500 doesn't go far in Singapore, infact convert it to GBP and you get alot more for your money design wise in the UK. Its ridiculous but it seems Singapore just doesn't have the same competition as say the UK and thus prices remain inflated.
You will get all your work done for around $100 on elance or an equivalent site. You will also be able to change the designs as much as you like (within reason of course) until you are happy with the look.
Good Luck :-)
Thanks so much.

I was talking to a web design firm today and they gave me a ball park mid 5digit figure for the cost of setting up my web site.. and I didn't even bring my Louis Vuitton bag to meet them.. sheesh.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Re: Logo Design

Post by road.not.taken » Tue, 05 May 2009 5:22 pm

pennant wrote:hi i need someone/company to design a logo for my company's website, i have found a company to design my website but they charged for logo design is too high $300. found a company that will design a logo for $70.
better to have more options :)
Budget: $70
please leave me your email or pm me... thanks!
Go to Lasalle or Nanyang and ask some students to do it. $70 is really low. I billed out at USD $75/hour for logo design, and that was 15 years ago.

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ukdesigner » Tue, 05 May 2009 5:22 pm

Is that SGD or US$.

Some people will charge more and some less but I would've that here you'd manage to get a designer for that. Depends on what you need really and how complicated etc etc.

If I was you and I wanted a talented designer to do something then I would look up Philippine designers. Much better than what you get here IMO. Also, because the cost of living is cheaper there, their costs will be better too.

Try using google and see what comes up. Normally I'd offer my services but I got out of doing logos for people. No-one wanted to pay a decent fee for my time and expertise but your budget should get you someone reasonable, especially in Asia. Look to either Thailand or the Philippines that would be my suggestion - some amazing work comes out of those 2 countries.
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

cynicalbanker

Post by cynicalbanker » Tue, 05 May 2009 5:31 pm

ukdesigner wrote:Is that SGD or US$.

Some people will charge more and some less but I would've that here you'd manage to get a designer for that. Depends on what you need really and how complicated etc etc.

If I was you and I wanted a talented designer to do something then I would look up Philippine designers. Much better than what you get here IMO. Also, because the cost of living is cheaper there, their costs will be better too.

Try using google and see what comes up. Normally I'd offer my services but I got out of doing logos for people. No-one wanted to pay a decent fee for my time and expertise but your budget should get you someone reasonable, especially in Asia. Look to either Thailand or the Philippines that would be my suggestion - some amazing work comes out of those 2 countries.
UK that's SGD but i couldn't put a range in the classified ad section.. I'm actually looking at between $500 to $1000 SGD. I'm serious abt the business kicking ass from day one so I need a killer brand identity.

An advertising firm would be keen to do it for 2000 SGD but i need to balance my budget. I'm thinking of maybe contacting one of the designers at logopond if i can't find anything.

The corporate logos there really lives up.

lore

Post by lore » Wed, 06 May 2009 10:17 pm

Yes...not much people know how important a company logo is but how much you paid for a logo to be done by a student or a professional is not important.
Looking for someone to design your logo it's not the price but someone who are really good and can understand what your request is.
Paying a sgd 200-500 sometimes can get a better ones than the one who charge sgd 2000.

Most people who charge sgd 1500 and above, i find they are just a rip off.

singlink

Post by singlink » Thu, 07 May 2009 11:27 pm

Unless you know the designer really well from his or her past works, otherwise, $70 logo basically means nothing in business world most likely.

pennant
Regular
Regular

Post by pennant » Wed, 13 May 2009 12:51 pm

thks for de reply, i agreed that a company need branding, and a pro designer, but due to budget constrains, i am thinking of using logomakers, which allows you to design your own logos.
$45USD
A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top

lore

Post by lore » Wed, 13 May 2009 1:26 pm

pennant wrote:thks for de reply, i agreed that a company need branding, and a pro designer, but due to budget constrains, i am thinking of using logomakers, which allows you to design your own logos.
$45USD
What kind of logo you actually looking for? any example? do you need it urgently? If not, i can try help you to design one for free since if you are going to do this way by using logomaker.

PM me. Cheers!

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:32 pm

it seems this topic is old but anyway my boss used elance...and he was satisfied with the phamphlet but....i wasnt lol thats coz aside from the content..the design wasnt that good. although maybe it was good to my boss.

anyway i want to learn designing as well but i dont know if the schools here are any good? in this area.

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ukdesigner » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:37 pm

Schools aren't bad here. It depends on the type of design you want to get into.

And design is always subjective. What one person considers good might not to others.
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:48 pm

i want to learn graphics arts...? coz i used to work with some graphic artist in the Philippines. what school is good for that course here? and how much is a course? if you know thanks :)