Singapore Expats Forum

Got the EPEC.. Need help.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sajeewaw

Got the EPEC.. Need help.

Postby sajeewaw » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:32 pm

Hi All,
I just secured an EPEC, i have following questions,

1. What is the average hourly pay in part time jobs (in SG) ?
2. Can the EPEC holders do part time jobs?
3. Should I apply for the "Visitor Seeking Employment in Singapore (Long Term)" pass with having EPEC? And when? Can I apply for that,once I reach to SG?

Thanks a lot! :)

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Got the EPEC.. Need help.

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:56 am

sajeewaw wrote:Hi All,
I just secured an EPEC, i have following questions,

1. What is the average hourly pay in part time jobs (in SG) ?

5 to 7.50 per hour

2. Can the EPEC holders do part time jobs?

No. Well, technically yes, but the odds of an employer applying for an employment pass for a part time staff are virtually nil.

3. Should I apply for the "Visitor Seeking Employment in Singapore (Long Term)" pass with having EPEC?

If you are planning on looking for a job here it might be a good idea.

And when? Can I apply for that,once I reach to SG?

Yes

Thanks a lot! :)

http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... &secid=170

Dannny

Business

Postby Dannny » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 5:16 am

I know the questions sounds stupid though..
Can u do business by any chance with the EPEC?

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Business

Postby econoMIC » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 4:22 pm

Dannny wrote:I know the questions sounds stupid though..
Can u do business by any chance with the EPEC?

Yes of course. Just register a company in your home country and then do business in the name of your company when there. You can't incorporate yourself in Singapore though.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

Dannny

Postby Dannny » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 5:12 pm

Thnx for answering both my Qs..econiMIC

Also wht happens to the EPEC n Long term VISA if i dont work, but if I do business?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 6:09 pm

Dannny wrote:Thnx for answering both my Qs..econiMIC

Also wht happens to the EPEC n Long term VISA if i dont work, but if I do business?

You loose it after a year and unless you find a job and get an EP you'll have to leave Singapore

Dannny

Postby Dannny » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 6:26 pm

Ok... thnx

Its better me try hard for a job initially...

If anyone know any job or agent leads in Marketing (snr executive or manager) pls let me..

Thnx for ur quick replis n help

pankajm

EPEC

Postby pankajm » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 8:26 pm

Hi,

If you apply for EPEC today and get the confirmation lets say after couple of weeks. But I plan to reach singapore after 3 months. When would the validity/time of one year for EPEC starts. The day i receive the EPEC confirmation or the day i reach to singapore.

Do I also required to apply for long term social visa programme in addition to EPEC to be allowed to stay in singapore for one year. If yes, can i apply for this social visa from here or only after landing in singapore.

Thanks,
Pankaj Mangal

pankajm

EPEC

Postby pankajm » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 8:30 pm

Please add or contact me at pankaj.mangal@gmail.com

Pepijn
Regular
Regular

Re: EPEC

Postby Pepijn » Thu, 10 Dec 2009 9:09 pm

pankajm wrote:Hi,

If you apply for EPEC today and get the confirmation lets say after couple of weeks. But I plan to reach singapore after 3 months. When would the validity/time of one year for EPEC starts. The day i receive the EPEC confirmation or the day i reach to singapore.

Do I also required to apply for long term social visa programme in addition to EPEC to be allowed to stay in singapore for one year. If yes, can i apply for this social visa from here or only after landing in singapore.

Thanks,
Pankaj Mangal

EPEC is valid for 1 year from the moment issued. I believe you have 6 months to pick it up, but MOM website shows you that. You will need to show the EPEC at ICA for the long stay visit pass, so you come in with a standard entry visa, go to MOM to pick up your EPEC, ggo to ICA for the long stay pass and find a job within a year.

pankajm

EPEC

Postby pankajm » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 1:20 pm

go thr as in after landing in singapore. But on the website it is mentioned tht EPEC will be couriered to you in your own country.

Pepijn
Regular
Regular

Postby Pepijn » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 2:06 pm

Is it? Okay, you might be right, been a while since I last looked into it as a solution, before landing a job straight away.
But I do recall something about having another start date as issue date instead of the approval date. But when in doubt, call MOM, they will be able to tell you all about it.

The long stay pass you will have to apply for seperately though, it's not automatic.

pankajm

EPEC

Postby pankajm » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks for your prompt relies. I will call MoM for clarification.

Did you apply for EPEC also. Have you been able to find a job there. Please let me know if could also help me out in finding a job there.

Pankaj

Pepijn
Regular
Regular

Postby Pepijn » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 2:18 pm

I was about to apply for an EPEC. After I while I realised I could apply for a PEP aswell, since I previously have been an EP (P1) holder, and then out of the woodworks a job jumped up. Hired in Singapore for an International bank. So in the end I didn't need to take it the hard route, but it took me well over 1,5 years to find something from abroad.

Job market is rumored to get going again though soon, so being on the ground will greatly increase your chances of finding something while on an EPEC.

pankajm

EPEC

Postby pankajm » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 2:26 pm

Hope out of the woodworks job jumps up for me as well. EPEC route is kinda risky.

When you reach thr, see if you refer me in your company or some other. I have completed my MBA in marketing and currently working in marketing analytics domain.