Singapore Expats Forum

Confinement lady

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Confinement lady

Postby carolynW » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 7:30 pm

I know a good one, she has also done halal households, if anyone has interest, PM me.

I had such a great time during my post natal with her that I extended her services to 2 months instead of 1 month, excellent cook, will make you daily herbal baths, does the night feed for the baby, speaks english and makes the evil chinese bad tasting herbal stuff that one has to eat rather pleasant.

clk

Postby clk » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:18 am

Would you know if this lady might be keen to extend her employment beyond the confinement period if need be?

I've a friend who needs someone to do so by coming in daily between 10am - 6pm, Mon- Fri to take care of the baby after the confinement period. My friend is delivering in 4 weeks time.

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carolynW » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 7:23 pm

She would consider full time employment but its full room and board and she is more expensive than a regular maid as well.

Busy Bee

Confinement lady

Postby Busy Bee » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 9:26 am

Hi Carolyn,

Can I have the confinement lady's contact? My sister EDD in June. She's looking for a confinement lady.
Busy Bee

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carolynW » Sat, 18 Apr 2009 6:37 pm

sorry for the late response, had something wierd happen to my login and then the administrator suggested I do a new login and every alter-ego name I tried was apparently taken!

Anyway, her name is wendy, +60123357539. You'd be v. v lucky if you can get her on such short notice, usually people book her as soon as they know they are pregnant.

Busy Bee

Confinement Lady

Postby Busy Bee » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 6:45 pm

Due to unforseen circumstances.... need to get a confinement lady in such a period of time... Hope she's available. :)

By the way, how much is the confinement lady's service?

Thanks Carolyn.
Busy Bee

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carolynW » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 8:00 pm

you know I just asked my mom last week but for the life of me cannot remember!

She is reasonable tho and will also try to save you money, like take the bus even if you want to fly her over. She also knows or makes friends quick with the stall people at the wet market and seems to know how to choose the best meats and fish and veges and haggles too. Great cook.