Renounce PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:58 am

Renounce PR

Post by mysterio » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 4:20 pm

Hello everybody,

I am a SPR who have served sg NS for 2 yrs 4 mths.
I would like to renounce my SPR, but I have 3 yrs bond with the MOE due to the tuition grant. Can I renounce my PR and apply for employment pass so that I can work in 3 yrs in sg to fulfil my bond?

I find In Camp Training for up to 40days a year continuously for 7 years after you have ORD(Operational Ready Date) is very disruptive. I am called up twice this year. :mad: I never have the intention to get the pink IC, why do we of other nationalities are still forced to go ICT.

User avatar
Posts: 38885
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 4:32 pm

I'm afraid you will need to call ICA for that one. From a personal perspective it would make sense to disallow you to renounce as you accepted the grant knowing full well you had no intentions to stay. They will always get their pound of flesh one way or the other.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

User avatar
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 2:59 am

Post by Splatted » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 8:21 am

hehe.. they'll probably ask you to pay back the grant first.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests