Singapore Expats Forum

Change Job

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Change Job

Postby calvink » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 8:03 am

Hi...this is the first time that i felt really uninterested and not keen at all in performing at my current job. Its not what i expect as it was too operational.. I was expecting more of a marketing role..even though im here for only 4.5 months....

I dont even really appreaciate my superior as sometimes he would put the blame on you and never really advice you on what to do.

SHould i just change job or stick to it for one year?

winger7
Regular
Regular

Postby winger7 » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 2:01 pm

i think im on the same boat, i think ive done a good job, i work at the front desk but no one seems to appreciate the good work ive done, so i dont know what point there is in staying here anymore, plus i work on shifts so construction in the day time literally drives me insane :x

i live in hong kong btw, and i am considering moving to singapore next year...but im not sure what is the best way to approach that since i would like to have a job in hand. otherwise if i look for a job after i land there it might take months and $$$

forgot to answer ur question there, stick with it...i mean u might as well since u dont have a choice do u? i dont have a choice either, if i quit i wont have any money and its gonna take months to find a job

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Postby calvink » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 8:49 am

Furthermore, i was working almost 70-80% on a 7 day work week (Weekends would be running around for events from one place to another) which really exhaust me...

touchbyangel512

Postby touchbyangel512 » Wed, 25 Mar 2009 2:23 pm

Calvink
You should be happy with the current jobs you have right now, market isn't looking well infact, lota locals singaporean & pr would love to have your jobs rite now.

winger7
ppls may not have not notice ya performance but you know yourself you did, it aren't a matter who should notice ya performance as long they aren't going to retrench you or fire you. So be happy about it.

Cheers

No offends

winger7
Regular
Regular

Postby winger7 » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 6:16 am

funny enough, a week after i posted what i said ive made up my mind to quit, and i dont have a job lined up. I wouldnt recommend this unless ur really unable to handle ur job... :(