Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore's Tastiest Cupcakes - Where are they?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

Singapore's Tastiest Cupcakes - Where are they?

Postby notwavingdrowning » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 7:31 am

Mmmm...Just woke with a crraving...Cupcakes...Must be the new personal trainer I have hired...not good...Anyway..

Have you found Singapores best cupcakes..You know, moist and light in the centre with a fairy breath of icing on top...

The best I have found so far are at Dempsey, Jones the Groger.. the icing is sublime, but the cake is often dry and I suspect a couple of days old...and at 4 bucks a pop, a little rich..especially when you need at least 3 per cup of tea....

Do you know anywhere good...

I am waiting excitedly with baited breath! \:D/
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Re: SG's Tastiest Cupcakes...Where are they?

Postby ozchick » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 9:48 am

notwavingdrowning wrote:Mmmm...Just woke with a crraving...Cupcakes...Must be the new personal trainer I have hired...not good...Anyway..

Have you found Singapores best cupcakes..You know, moist and light in the centre with a fairy breath of icing on top...

The best I have found so far are at Dempsey, Jones the Groger.. the icing is sublime, but the cake is often dry and I suspect a couple of days old...and at 4 bucks a pop, a little rich..especially when you need at least 3 per cup of tea....

Do you know anywhere good...

I am waiting excitedly with baited breath! \:D/


Nah don't know- he he..... but when anyone finds out I'm onto it too!
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
gillypadi
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon, 29 Dec 2008

Postby gillypadi » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:47 am

I tried the cupcakes at Marmalade Kitchen (aka Toast) at OUB Centre. Moist, fresh and simply sinful.

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 612
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 8:32 pm

Have you tried the Nutella cupcakes in Toast? OUB Center?

It is extremely sinful... not recommended to those who are on diet.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

!

Postby notwavingdrowning » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 9:17 pm

I just checked out their website...an Elvis Cupcake, a Nutella cupcake..Jesus H.. A Cloud 9 cupcake!^&*^%$ What is this??? Are they as divine as they sound...Or am I being teased?

This I have to try...I must..Its my DUTY... As a woman, to sample these babies!

Thank you for your contributions ladies..I have a date with a few cupcakes this weekend.

Perhaps I should start a new ladies Cupcake group...The weekly NO better make that Monthly...I am too fat already! Quest for the perfect cupcake...

I can hardly think straight!!

Gosh, what an important, no ESSENTIAL, group this could become! :wink:
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

zialisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 04 Jun 2008
Location: Settling In

Postby zialisa » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 9:51 pm

Mmmmm....cupcake club? Sign me up!

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:01 pm

zialisa wrote:Mmmmm....cupcake club? Sign me up!
I'm a fruit & nut, cupcake addict too, wash them down with vinegar to cut the sugar spikes, scrumptious! :P by the way free sampling at expo food starting thursday booth P.25 until sunday expats welcome, strange i never see any expat westerners at these gatherings.

Latest benefit of drinking vinegars is that it helps get rid of hangovers, by breaking down the alcohol in the blood, or should i say fermenting it, :lol: :P I'm a tasty cupcake if ever there was one :)

User avatar
gillypadi
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon, 29 Dec 2008

Postby gillypadi » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:42 am

They are as divine as they sound, look and smell. That's why i only have 1 every 3 months.

a different flavour each visit...

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 4:43 pm

SG's Tastiest Cupcakes...Where are they?



gillypadi wrote:They are as divine as they sound, look and smell. That's why i only have 1 every 3 months.

a different flavour each visit...



Umm . . . Geylang? :-|
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
gillypadi
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon, 29 Dec 2008

Postby gillypadi » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 5:03 pm

Err, sorry. I don't think they smell divine and are classified as cupcakes.

<edited> and I am a female! i don't indulge in sinful things like that!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10411
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 6:22 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
SG's Tastiest Cupcakes...Where are they?



gillypadi wrote:They are as divine as they sound, look and smell. That's why i only have 1 every 3 months.

a different flavour each visit...



Umm . . . Geylang? :-|


Methinks the four floors has a fine selection of tasty cupcakes. And many varieties, too.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 7:25 pm

gillypadi wrote:Err, sorry. I don't think they smell divine and are classified as cupcakes.

<edited> and I am a female! i don't indulge in sinful things like that!


That okay, I don't the some of them will mind! If the price is right. :P

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby durain » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 8:42 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
SG's Tastiest Cupcakes...Where are they?



gillypadi wrote:They are as divine as they sound, look and smell. That's why i only have 1 every 3 months.

a different flavour each visit...



Umm . . . Geylang? :-|


no, that is fruitcake! :P :)

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 23 Jun 2008

F..

Postby notwavingdrowning » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 6:12 am

Four floors of shame to you :shock:

As a punishment Gentlemen... this weekend you should take trays of cupcakes to these hardworking ladies of the floor. [-o< And may the God of cupcakes have mercy on your souls :wink:
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Re: F..

Postby ozchick » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 2:52 pm

notwavingdrowning wrote:Four floors of shame to you :shock:

As a punishment Gentlemen... this weekend you should take trays of cupcakes to these hardworking ladies of the floor. [-o< And may the God of cupcakes have mercy on your souls :wink:


They have souls ?! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests