Singapore Expats Forum

Bored 25/British male looking for friends in their 20's

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nhrk

Postby nhrk » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:29 am

aye, looks like everyone on the thread has pretty much listed they wanna meet up, and perhaps hang out but it looks like no one's actually doing anything. i guess that's what singapore does to you. crazy mad rat race of a place.

i'm actually looking for someone who'd catch a liverpool match with me. i'm 21, female. i'm half singaporean, half brit but i've spent a fair share of my life in both places.

i'm gonna pm all of you and hopefully we'll be able to shove the workload aside and catch up sometime, yes? (:
you'll never walk alone, baby.

Djone

Postby Djone » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:18 pm

nhrk wrote:aye, looks like everyone on the thread has pretty much listed they wanna meet up, and perhaps hang out but it looks like no one's actually doing anything. i guess that's what singapore does to you. crazy mad rat race of a place.

My thoughts exactly! ;)
Although I couldn't really be able to propose anything either, since I just arrived in singapore and don't know the places around yet.
I'm a French guy, 23, and looking forward to meeting some cool people over there ;)

jiawei_89

Postby jiawei_89 » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 1:22 pm

19 male going 20 this year, just graduate and free to go out~

aBBie

Postby aBBie » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 1:30 pm

Alright ,

Lets make things happened ! For real i mean .

Any suggestion .. ?

No clubbing or beer please ... I believe there're much more nice things to do :D

frenzal
Regular
Regular

Postby frenzal » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 2:36 pm

nhrk wrote:aye, looks like everyone on the thread has pretty much listed they wanna meet up, and perhaps hang out but it looks like no one's actually doing anything. i guess that's what singapore does to you. crazy mad rat race of a place.

i'm actually looking for someone who'd catch a liverpool match with me. i'm 21, female. i'm half singaporean, half brit but i've spent a fair share of my life in both places.

i'm gonna pm all of you and hopefully we'll be able to shove the workload aside and catch up sometime, yes? (:

that actually sounds really good.

nhrk

Postby nhrk » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:35 pm

I hope no one here is looking for anything sleazy tho. I just sorta want to have the feeling I had back in England and I'm most of us, if not all, want a little reminisce of what we had back home.
Last edited by nhrk on Mon, 13 Apr 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool_nich
Regular
Regular

Postby cool_nich » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:56 pm

nice to know u hkhl

nhrk

Postby nhrk » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:45 pm

cool_nich wrote:nice to know u hkhl

It's nice to know you too. I'm sorry I can't reply your PM. And yes, I adore Liverpool FC. (:
Last edited by nhrk on Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool_nich
Regular
Regular

Postby cool_nich » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:47 pm

thx ya
i will add u soon
lol
man utd viva

nhrk

Postby nhrk » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 6:09 pm

cool_nich wrote:thx ya
i will add u soon
lol
man utd viva

I've blocked you on MSN and I'd be glad if you don't email me either. There is quite the oasis that lies between desperation and friendliness. And with that I've PM-ed everyone who has posted on the thread. Hopefully we'll catch up before my Uni term resumes. *mumbles*

cool_nich
Regular
Regular

Postby cool_nich » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 7:30 pm

nhrk wrote:
cool_nich wrote:thx ya
i will add u soon
lol
man utd viva

I've blocked you on MSN and I'd be glad if you don't email me either. There is quite the oasis that lies between desperation and friendliness. And with that I've PM-ed everyone who has posted on the thread. Hopefully we'll catch up before my Uni term resumes. *mumbles*

thank you for ur info
its ok
if u block me
ok?
i am not desperate
ok?
but up to u
i dont care

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Meet up time and place

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 1:28 pm

I think I have already met some of you but if the rest of you are still looking for a time and a place to meet up then I have one that is ready made :-D. A group of 20 somethings meet every Wednesday for some beer and satay and usually move on somewhere else for a few more bevvies afterwards. If anyone is interested please pm me or email rndc.sing@gmail.com (yup had to change me email again!! The joys of technology!)

Sally

cosmic_dancer

Postby cosmic_dancer » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 7:22 pm

hey guys. can i get a PM over here too? will try not to betray the desperation.. the kind that comes with moving to singapore and only ever seeing the people you work with. what plans have you guys come up with?

Komakino

Postby Komakino » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:22 pm

Hey All,

The Wednesday night thing sounds ace....However, it's a school night!!!

Is there are anything kicking off at weekends?

I'm English, 23m and love football so i'm up for watching any game.

Arsenal vs Chelsea anyone? Beers, food etc?

wawro106

Postby wawro106 » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:42 pm

Hi,

New here! Just a quick introduction ...

I’m 23m, originally from Singapore, moved to Vancouver for boarding school when I was 14 and continued my undergraduate studies in Montreal, Canada after being drafted for national service.

Nonetheless, I’m coming back this June and would love to meet some new people and catch up some time. It’d be cool if we could organize some crazy house parties, beer chugging games, beer pong, flip cup, or just hang at the Clark Quey.

Look forward to touch base with you guys soon!