Singapore Expats Forum

LTSVP Question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ayumicha

LTSVP Question

Postby ayumicha » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 1:15 am

Hello all,

I'm currently in Singapore with a short term visa and waiting for my medical check-up report now.

My visa's gonna expire in 1.5 weeks time and I'v already extended it once, so there's no way to extend it again.

I can get my medical report tomorrow and then go to ICA to submit my LTSVP application, but it states that the processing time for the pass is approximately 4 weeks.

Is it illegal to stay in Singapore while waiting for my approval?

It would really help if someone can reply asap.

Thank you in advance! :???:

sourisso
Regular
Regular

Postby sourisso » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 9:26 am

I was in your situation one year ago, and when i submitted my LTSVP application at ICA, the kind officer extended my short term visa for 3 months more so i could stay in Singapore while they process my LTSVP !
And i didnt ask her to do it, i was pretty sure i would have to leave, before that.

But if they don't extend for you, well of course you would have to leave and come back once your LTSVP is approved.

ayumicha

Thank you very much

Postby ayumicha » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 6:51 pm

I'm going down to ica tomorrow and it's so glad to know someone got an extension with a similar situation!
Well if tomorrow the officer doesn't offer to extend my visa I will ask for it to try my luck. If I have to go out of Singapore then i need to find a hotel or hostel in JB. lol.