Singapore Expats Forum

Shoe survey for Aussie ladies

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Shoe survey for Aussie ladies

Postby Miss Swan » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:10 pm

Hi, my friend in Queensland bought some shoes from Charles & Keith before during a trip to Singapore and loves them to bits, and is wondering if there's an opportunity to franchise this brand over there. She's curious to know though, what do fellow Aussies think of C & K's shoes. Quality? Design? Pricing? She laments that shoes in Aus cost twice to thrice as much as Singapore...

Cheers!

Lily Pad

Postby Lily Pad » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 2:32 pm

There's a C&K store in Sydney (Miranda). The shoes are about AUD$80 for the same SGD$35ish shoes here. Given the cost of outlays in Australia(staff, insurances, shop leasing, tax etc) it may be difficult to sell the shoes any cheaper.

I buy heaps of C&K shoes for everyday use. I find the shoes so cheap here that it's hard to justify not buying them! Compared to the other shoe retailers here I find their shoes less frou frouish and similar to those back home.

Also she should check the C&K website as there's details of franchise opportunities.