Permanent Resident through EP, can I apply for my parents?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:41 pm

Permanent Resident through EP, can I apply for my parents?

Post by ms_lee » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 7:30 am

I've heard from a friend that those who becomes SPR through Employment Pass cannot apply for their parents (to become PR). Does anyone know if this is true? I know there's different kind of Employment Passes and I believe I will be getting P1 since my salary will be over $3500 each month. I checked ICA and MOM a few times and can't seem to find any information on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Posts: 312
Joined: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 2:53 pm


Post by irvine » Sun, 08 Mar 2009 4:51 pm

I've just put in my pr application yesterday using the 4A form for professional application. You may apply for your spouse and children, but there wasn't a column for parents.

Do check out more though on their website:

You should be able to apply for your parents' PR after you become a Singapore Citizen (i.e. possible a few years after you got your own Singapore PR).

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests