Singapore Expats Forum

Green belt certification in lean six sigma??

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

moneysense

Green belt certification in lean six sigma??

Postby moneysense » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:46 pm

I didn't see any forum related to this topic so far. A group of us plan to enrol on this course but unsure which one to go for. We were quoted several pricings from different institutes. There seems to be huge difference of pricing. Well known institutions (for instance PSB) offered us around 3k plus per pax while some can offer us below 1.5k per pax (for min 10 pax at least). I am doubtful and would like to seek clarification. The syllabus contents, lesson/lab hours are almost similar among these institutions.

1) Does it matter if the green belt cert is obtained from well known institutions during employment?

2) Is there anyway I could find out if the Trainer is an approved Six Sigma instructor?

3) Any website where I could find out recognized institutes in Singapore for this certification prior to enrolment?

Appreciate if someone could share and shed some light on this topic if you have had any similar experience or encounter before..
"I'll tell you why I like the cigarette business. It costs a penny to make. Sell it for a dollar. It's addictive. And there's fantastic brand loyalty."
- Warren Buffett