Singapore Expats Forum

new in SG and looking for friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vann33

new in SG and looking for friends

Postby vann33 » Sat, 28 Feb 2009 5:55 pm

hi guys.. im new in SG. i just got here a week ago but familiar with it as i have been here 4 times before for vacation.

im looking for friends to hang out with ... what ever it is that you like doin.. leme know:)

pierre

Postby pierre » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 3:01 pm

hello vann ! and welcome to singap :)
so, where are you from ? I'm also pretty new here by the way...
If you want to have a drink or to walk around or something , well, just tell me.
cheerz
:)

Chanelle

Postby Chanelle » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 3:37 pm

Hey there,

Glad the both of you have decided to make this sunny island your new home. 27 y.o. Chinese lass here. Not local but have been in SG for quite a while. Looking to kick-start my social life again after months of drudgery at a fairly new job (the recession ain't helping).

Drinks, movie or dinner anyone?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars"

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 6:13 pm

Hi newcomers and welcome. The usual staring points are the WNDC, FNDC, and of course, the infamous TUE night trivia nights (which are more like general knowledge than useless trivia).

You find all of these by using the inbuilt search engine - just look for "pib trivia", "FNDC", and "WNDC".

Welcome!

Mr. P

vann33

thanks guys

Postby vann33 » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 2:12 am

hi guys!

thanks for the warm welcome. i dont think i can consider myself an expat .. but i stumbled on this site so i gave it a try. im planning to stay here for a month or two and see what singapore has to offer me. im been here a coupla times already so i do know my way around.. its just hard for me since i barely know anyone. i could use a friend/s so to make my stay more fun and interesting:) holla back.. luv to here from everyone:)

vann33

to pierre

Postby vann33 » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 2:26 am

hi pierre,

thanks for sending me a PM. i was tryna reply but i cant. not sure whether the email add you gave me was a "yahoo" or "hotmail" or "others".. lol. leme know.. just PM me again i gues..

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Postby porridge0000 » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 9:01 am

Dear vann3,

Well, perhaps you can attend outings that was organise by some of the members here... Depending on what you like, you can attend if you wish. But of course, in order to find friends, I guess you need some intro of yourself... Especially what you prefer etc... So that those who shared the same hobbies with you, will gladly be your friends.... I guess you will prefer some friends who share the same like, rather than different... As if different, both of you might not 'clique'...

vann33

bout me

Postby vann33 » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 3:49 pm

well im 28/f. and i like going out on weekends to have a few drinks.. i also like to explore more about Sg. i like sports too.. i like a lot of things but mainly something that doesnt have to cost much! haha
i am on a vacation... but checking out the singpore jobs too. so whatever and where ever the wind brings me ...

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Re: bout me

Postby porridge0000 » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 4:32 pm

vann33 wrote:well im 28/f. and i like going out on weekends to have a few drinks.. i also like to explore more about Sg. i like sports too.. i like a lot of things but mainly something that doesnt have to cost much! haha
i am on a vacation... but checking out the singpore jobs too. so whatever and where ever the wind brings me ...

You can try join the FNDC club which they have outing almost every Friday to pub or whatever for drinking session... You can meet many nice and good ppl there too...

As for sports, depending on what sports you like. Can join me in swimming if you want, and also I have a cycling/eating/camping outing at Ubin this coming Sat... So you may want to join too ^^

sara4242

Postby sara4242 » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 5:24 pm

Hi Vann,

I am 25/f from the US and just moved to Singapore about 6 weeks ago. I like the city but I've hardly met anyone outside of work so far!

I'm up for seeing music, getting coffee or drinks or just walking around SG- let me know if you want to meet up :)

Sara

yasx

New too

Postby yasx » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 8:11 pm

sarah4242, - I'm f/from UK. I've been in Singapore 5 weeks now and havent managed to make any friends out of my work circle.

Cant PM, as I dont have enough posts
Last edited by yasx on Sat, 21 Mar 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lunaocean

Hiya ppl!

Postby lunaocean » Sun, 15 Mar 2009 1:54 pm

Hi I am 28/m from Singapore.... :)
Hey do you people have msn? Maybe we can chat and keep contact there?

See ya!
LTW

xiaodanxd
Regular
Regular

Postby xiaodanxd » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:01 pm

Hi. I'm Dan, male aged 20 from Singapore. Keen to meet you guys. I'm up for anything. Just organise and let me know. My email is saddened.souls.xiaodan@gmail.com. :)

generisvague

Postby generisvague » Tue, 17 Mar 2009 1:55 pm

Hey vann, hows its going?

I cant pm you, not enough posts to. Do you have facebook? We can chat further there.

Singapore has been my springboard for the past 6months, travelling ard the region on modeling assigments. Always looking for friends to hang out with. Would be cool to meet up for girls night out. Lemme know. Talk soon!

Michelle

sara4242

Postby sara4242 » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:07 am

Like Michelle I can't pm yet as I don't have enough posts. Girls night out would be great! I'm out of town this weekend but tomorrow might work or we could try for next week.

Hope to see you soon!
Sara