Singapore Expats

Mobile Coverage on the East Coast

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Byrchwood

Mobile Coverage on the East Coast

Post by Byrchwood » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 6:20 pm

Can anyone give me some information on which company to use on the East Coast. We have done some comparison with Sing Tel & M1 & M1 seem to have the better plan but I have heard that it has limited coverage on the East Coast.

xs2kumar

Re: Mobile Coverage on the East Coast

Post by xs2kumar » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:44 pm

Byrchwood wrote:Can anyone give me some information on which company to use on the East Coast. We have done some comparison with Sing Tel & M1 & M1 seem to have the better plan but I have heard that it has limited coverage on the East Coast.
M1 got good coverage over there..

blacklady

M1

Post by blacklady » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 4:34 pm

M1 has good coverage everywhere

smayrhofer
Regular
Regular

Post by smayrhofer » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 5:03 pm

it's just a small island. how bad can the coverage be?

Byrchwood

Post by Byrchwood » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 5:54 pm

I thought the same but someone from my hubbys work said M1 did not have good coverage on the East Coast!! We have the same problem here in Melbourne with some carriers.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 9:07 pm

Sounds bizarre to me. There are places here and there in Singapore where some operators have bad coverage (eg. M1 doesn't work properly in my apartment!), but 99.99% of the time all operators work fine anywhere -- and I've used all three all over the island in my years here.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

GarethPhua

Post by GarethPhua » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:25 am

M1 should work fine. I am assuming by the east coast you are referring to the marine parade area. I've got friends using M1, Singtel and Starhub and all 3 seem to work fine in that area.
Experienced horrible service or superb service? Come share your story at Bouquets & Brickbats

Byrchwood

Post by Byrchwood » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 9:17 pm

I will be moving to Amber Gardens Rd.. We still have not got a SIM card as we were waiting for our Green Card to arrive. M1 is looking good so far though! Hope it works...

GarethPhua

Post by GarethPhua » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:04 pm

Byrchwood wrote:I will be moving to Amber Gardens Rd.. We still have not got a SIM card as we were waiting for our Green Card to arrive. M1 is looking good so far though! Hope it works...
I don't see why not as Amber Gardens is not exactly "ulu" (out of the way, in the sticks etc).
Experienced horrible service or superb service? Come share your story at Bouquets & Brickbats