Singapore Expats Forum

single expat party

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Postby bandung » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 1:09 am

wow, i have not visited the forum for about 2 months, and this topic just got way heated! i would have loved to attend to check out the party but sadly i missed it!
Life is loud, ROCK IT!

Postby xjapan_88 » Sun, 05 Apr 2009 1:55 pm

Hi, Albert here
definitely interested in the (if any) similar upcoming event
please send updates

Re: single expat party

Postby flydance » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Stefanie,

Hope you have not lost your motivation in posting messages to the forum.

Anyway I am not single but looking for a dance partner for ballroom dancing or Tango Argentino. What do you think about it/

Waiting for your reply...

Have a look at my posting....:-)

Postby Jasxx » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:27 pm

Missed out on the first event...will there be another event? and are locals welcome? if so, i am interested..

Re: Singles party

Postby wawro106 » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 1:44 pm

alijz wrote:Mr. Moderator. I must say that you have shown the least side of yourself by being so rude and its worse if you're a Singaporean! If you did wanted to reply to stephanie in such an insane manner, you should have at least disguised as a different user than using a moderator account!

You're an insult not only to the forum but also to Singaporeans!

The girl is just trying to organise an event for expats and locals and nothing comes for free in this world which even a 5 year old kid is aware of!

You however should be appreciating the fact that she is taking the EFFORT to do that and again efforts also don't free either. Even if she wanted to charge for her efforts, its truely justified because you wouldn't work an extra hour in your office for FREE without getting overtime pay or would you Mr. freebie?

Its not my policy of judging people but I'm quite sure either my post will never appear at the forum or I'll certainly get banned!

Agreed. Moderator was a little quick to come to conclusions, and really judgmental. A little harsh, I feel. Local or Foreign, her effort should be appreciated.

Re: Singles party

Postby Plavt » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 4:31 pm

wawro106 wrote:Agreed. Moderator was a little quick to come to conclusions, and really judgmental. A little harsh, I feel. Local or Foreign, her effort should be appreciated.

Just in case you haven't noticed sms didn't come to any conclusion he was merely questioning the poster's motivation which was quite justified given the number of inconsistencies in her post which I notice she has removed. I too would have doubts about somebody who says they are from the UK and writes English with such poor grammar and punctuation.
I notice nobody has mentioned how much it has cost them to be there, that would be interesting if of course we ever hear the truth. :P

Postby jaja88 » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 5:38 pm

count me
when does next event start?

Postby Rajiv_naram » Sat, 02 May 2009 1:51 pm

hey i too missed the event looking forward for one more

Postby Chris1605 » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 4:31 pm

hithere wrote:yes it was great fun! everyone there was great to get to know.

Hi hithere, is it ok to PM me your contact to keep in touch, pls. 32 male, local.