Singapore Expats Forum

single expat party

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
joslinsui

single expat party

Postby joslinsui » Sat, 21 Feb 2009 5:06 pm

hi my name is stefanie, i am an expat from uk and i planning to organise a expat party/meetup for singles

is anyone interested? please for more information

local people are also welcome.

The focus of this party is for people who want to find romance and love.
Last edited by joslinsui on Tue, 24 Mar 2009 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

pierre

Postby pierre » Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:07 pm

yes, sound fun :)
:)

joycie

Postby joycie » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:37 am

totally interested!! :)
pm-ed you!

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Postby porridge0000 » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 1:02 am

Seems interesting... emailed you...

joslinsui

single expat party

Postby joslinsui » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 5:05 pm

hi

The plan so far....
i am trying to get min 50 people before organising the expat single party, at the moment we got 15 people.

There might be a cost for the hire of the venue estimate 20-30 singapore dollar per person (subject to the amount of person, if the more people the cheaper it would cost).

once i reach min 50 people i will send email with more iinfirmation about the venue and location and cost

If u have any other single expat freinds, be free to iinvite them to the single expat party.

would you still be interested? please email me at wongsui@gmail.com to confirm.

Stefanie

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Re: single expat party

Postby porridge0000 » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:23 am

joslinsui wrote:hi

The plan so far....
i am trying to get min 50 people before organising the expat single party, at the moment we got 15 people.

There might be a cost for the hire of the venue estimate 20-30 singapore dollar per person (subject to the amount of person, if the more people the cheaper it would cost).

once i reach min 50 people i will send email with more iinfirmation about the venue and location and cost

If u have any other single expat freinds, be free to iinvite them to the single expat party.

would you still be interested? please email me at wongsui@gmail.com to confirm.

Stefanie

Count me in =)

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:03 am

I m game !!!!!!!
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

postmodernista

Postby postmodernista » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:20 am

Why don't you create a facebook event and post the link here?
I heart bunnies!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:49 am

Sounds like a local to me trying to make some money. Why would a UK expat who signs off her posts as Stephanie use a user id of joslinsui which smells like a local name to me and an email user name of wongsui which smells even more like a local. If she is using somebody else email, why?

First of all was just organizing a get together, now it gonna cost you 20 to 30 bucks a whack. There is a pong on this one guys & gals. Something fishy in Denmark as The Bard said.

Cavat emptor!

sms

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

am not sure SMS

Postby Allibert » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 1:14 pm

but the english is certainly dodgy for some claiming to be from the UK

joslinsui

hi

Postby joslinsui » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 3:00 pm

to sundaymorningstaple and Allibert

I have nothing to hide..........i am an expat from uk.....ok and im chinese, but born in uk........

does this mean im a expat or not..........or are u just discriminating me?

is an expat only known to be westerner?

And regards to making money...this is not at all true...as i said its for renting the venue...i did plan to rent a room/bar......it does cost to rent..

and as stated in one of the message...the more people the cheaper...this is becuase the renting of the venue would be shared amongst more people.

i dont know why i need to explain myself to rude people like you

im just a normal girl who want to organise a party for single expat...out of my heart

i once a single i understand it can be hard to meet other people especially when a professional working.

so please do not judge and be rude.

I myself will be at the party, so logically how can i lie.........please think before comment.

dawgbyte
Regular
Regular

Postby dawgbyte » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 4:24 pm

Please count me in. Sent you an email but I think it got lost. Anyway, chill... I know how you feel. I don't think its discrimination on their part but more of being wary because forums are hunting grounds of spammers and swindlers.. just disappointing that sometimes, here its guilty until proven innocent.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 5:09 pm

You may be an expat from the UK but I'll bet you roots are here in Singapore and sounds like it was not all that long ago as you still use local grammar structure. Please go back and read you last post. Does it sound like you are from the UK? Please look at the English syntax you are using. I also question why a married girl would want to be at a "Singles" party. Will your husband be there?

im just a normal girl who want to organise a party for single expat...out of my heart

Normal girls don't up and stage huge parties for no reason! :roll: If you are just be altruistic then why don't you pay for it yourself? Now THAT would be out of your heart! As it stands, it sounds more like a staged event that will end up with a sales pitch attached to it.

Heartless? Well, you know what they say, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it's probably a duck! But I'm going to let it stand as we'll soon know after the event what it really was won't we..... :wink: If I am wrong, you have my apologies in advance.

joslinsui

hi

Postby joslinsui » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 5:33 pm

hi

ok............i thought this is a forum not an english test exam..prehaps i should consult my editor before send this message to forum.

i dont know why u being this rude and prejudice, it seem u are against singaporean?

i am not a singaporean...........im from hong kong - uk
so please do not assume...but u can ask...im happy to answer any qestions

and who said i am married? im not...

why is it so difficult for you to understand that some people are nice and do not take advantages.

prehaps u are a calculated person....but i am not....there are people who are nice and considerate.

you asked why i not pay for the venue...have u every organised a party?
even when u go clubbing in singapore..u need to pay entry fee........

so u want me to pay everyone entry fee? and thats called organising a party...

so if i organise a dinner event...should i pay for everyone dinner?

if you really think im not a kind person and i have motives...then please i be free to meet u..

alijz

I'm in

Postby alijz » Sat, 28 Feb 2009 7:58 am

Count me in.

However i'm available from 16th to 20th March 2009!

Thanks