Singapore Expats

Good International Moving Company

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
naz123

Re: Good International Moving Company

Post by naz123 » Fri, 04 Nov 2016 11:29 am

I used Raffles Relocation for a local move. They seemed professional and courteous on the phone and the lady who came to the house to check the items told us that they were ISO certified and that unlike other companies, they wouldn't send "1 Chinaman in a lorry" to do the move but had a proper team of moving experts. We booked them. From there the experience went downhill very, very, quickly. They promised they'd be there on the first day of the move at 9am and not later than 9.30am. That didn't happen and I had to contact them to find out what was going on. When they finally arrived, it was only 1 worker (to pack an entire 4-bedroom place)! Again, we called - what's going on? To which the reply was "the other workers were working late the previous night on another job and they're sleeping, they will be in later". The entire day went by with no other workers. We called during the day, but they kept making the same promise - yes, they'll come, yes, they'll come. Meanwhile the 1 lone worker had to disappear during the day as he was not given the right material to pack the boxes. So he left to a nearby supermarket to buy masking tape and other necessary stuff. By the end of the day, only half the living room was packed. The company didn't seem to give a toss about this. So I emailed their CEO, Maneesh Sharma, who replied the next day saying everything would be done according to plan and within the 3 days they had promised. That's where things got even worse. Their workers came late the next day, they again were short on manpower, and they left on the dot at 6pm refusing to stay on to finish. By the third day it was pretty obvious that they would not get the job done yet they kept promising it would be done. They caused major inconvenience to us by doing the move well past 6pm and all the way past midnight before we told them to leave. We had to skip work the next day so as to be home and allow them to continue with the move the next day. Now here's the shocker: The response from their CEO Maneesh Sharma has been absolute silence. No apology, no ownership of this mess, no accountability. His attitude is "You're a small customer, I don't care". The customer service of his organization naturally follows from the top. He sets a terrible example for the rest of his company. Despite trying hard to reach him, emails, calls, leaving messages to his secretary, and getting promises from this secretary that he would call back, he has simply not bothered. I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs. They are unprofessional, lack any customer service attitude and will put you through major stress and inconvenience.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Nov 2016 4:27 pm

Please do not spam the board with identical posts. Your other two posts have been deleted.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Zeynep11

Post by Zeynep11 » Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:25 pm

We have used Nayak Freight Singapore moving from Singapore to UK. Their manager Unni was exceptional. Although we had some hiccups along the way Unni was extremely professional and helpful solving our problems. Overall we are very satisfied with they are services and I highly recommend them. Contact details are below:

Nayak Freight Singapore
Unni Krishna
Hp: 91397965
Email: [email protected]
Land line: 6543 4057 / 4091
Email: [email protected]

krisv

Post by krisv » Tue, 02 May 2017 8:41 pm

We moved last summer from Singapore back to Europe. We received quotes from various companies and decided to use Raffles Relocation as they were the lowest. However, best to avoid Raffles Relocation at all cost. You get what you pay for.... Go for a reliable and honest partner.
During packing there was shortage of workers, workers were unqualified, workers leaving the job. It took 4 days to pack in stead of the promised 2 days. Packaging was not done correctly: tapes was used directly on items causing damage on surface. Workers broke off one side of table so it could fit in the elevator and table was put bare into the container. TV's, a statue and paintings that were supposed to be crated according to the contract with Raffles Relocation, were never put in crates. A list of items for insurance purposes were provided to Raffles Relocation but found out they also never arranged this. After arrival of container at destination, complaint was made to Raffles Relocation. That's when it gets even worse. Customer service promised to look into it but never responded. Each time another person seemed to leave the company. No indication or help who to talk to. No service, no reply, no help. Finally after 6 months a certain Natalie Shaw , just new with the company, promised they would arrange a (small) reimbursement (the damages they refuse to acknowledge by the way). However 5 months later and after several reminders, no further response and still waiting and struggling for their promised payment. We have moved many times but never experienced such bad service. As mentioned earlier. You get what you pay for. Raffles Relocation is unreliable and their website slogans totally misleading. No wonder they came from a previous bankruptcy. To avoid Raffles Relocation....

FredCuson

ProMove Singapore

Post by FredCuson » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 3:24 pm

Just moved to Singapore from Perth, Australia. The destination agent on this end is ProMove Singapore which had done a good job keeping me posted on shipment status as well as estimated date on clearance of our belongings.

On delivery day, the supervisor with a team of 4 crews arrived at our doorstep before 9.00am but there were some delay to our container due to heavy traffic during the morning peak hour therefore the team prepare the apartment with protection to the entrance, floor and wall while waiting for my container to arrive.

The container arrived at around 9.20am & the team began with unloading the boxes into the apartment with me ticking off number from the list to ensure all boxes are accounted for. All boxes are in the apartment just before lunch and unpacking started after lunch break. The whole delivery with unpacking took 2 days & the crews removed all debris on each day. As there were still some boxes still packed which I want to unpack on my own, the supervisor even remind me that he can come back to collect the empty boxes once unpack. Most likely I will not call for him to return to remove the boxes as I'll probably need them in future so will just keep them in my store.

Overall, the move went well with only one breakage (1 x wine glass). Thanks to Winson (Move Manager) and his team for the hassle-free move in. I'll definitely use them again for my next move.

expatmum2018

Post by expatmum2018 » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 4:26 pm

We moved from Singapore back to Australia with our family and used https://alliedpickfords.com.sg Allied Pickfords Singapore.
I was actually very impressed with their customer service. We took out insurance but nothing arrived broken or anything (probably cause we got them to pack!) :roll: .
We are using them again when my husband transfers to Dubai in November.
It's worth getting quotes from the bigger movers.

DeepBlue80

Post by DeepBlue80 » Tue, 25 Sep 2018 11:54 am

naz123 wrote:I used Raffles Relocation for a local move.

They are unprofessional, lack any customer service attitude and will put you through major stress and inconvenience.
Wish I had seen this post earlier. I've taken them to court for a huge amount of damage caused by their sheer negligence. Won't go into details here as the matter is now sub-juice.

Piwacket

Post by Piwacket » Mon, 28 Jan 2019 5:45 pm

I sorely regret hiring Raffles Relocation. This sloppy company made a nightmare of my move from Singapore to Shanghai. When my shipment arrived in Shanghai, I discovered that Raffles Relocation had broken my irreplaceable antique lamp, broken another heirloom table lamp, and broken my expensive teakwood TV console. Although Raffles Relocation specifically promised to pack several of these fragile items inside wooden crates, they neglected to do so, packing them only in flimsy cardboard boxes. Several boxes arrived crushed, dented and only loosely and haphazardly packed. It looked as if they were literally thrown, dropped on the floor, or knocked into walls. Although a few items were insured, Raffles Relocation ignored our emails requesting compensation. And when we tried to phone them, they did not return our calls. We finally had to make a trip to Singapore to go to their accounting company office in-person to get payment of our claim. The insurance payment that we finally received after many weeks of waiting was inadequate to cover the damages, nor could it replace our one-of-a-kind treasures broken by these sloppy movers. I seldom write reviews, but my experience with Raffles Relocation was so poor, I want to warn other people looking for #SingaporeMovers. Avoid #RafflesRelocation at all costs. Other movers are more expensive, but I’ve learned the hard way, you get what you pay for. Raffles Relocation was a bad bargain at any price.

nicc227

Post by nicc227 » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 3:06 pm

I hope this thread is still active. We are looking to engage a mover for our move from Singapore to Sydney and am narrowing down on movers now. I have read a lot of reviews on Crown Relocations but have not seen much reviews of Pro Move Singapore, Asian Tigers and Orient Express. Has anyone used their services for an international move before? And how was the experience?

My first virgin post!

abhaydharma1

Post by abhaydharma1 » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 2:11 pm

I have used APAC Relocation service for International movement. It was from Singapore to India via Air Shipment. Overall process was smooth starting with quotation all the way till door delivery. Good part is about communication - they will keep you informed at all steps. Good partner ecosystem for door to door delivery. Thanks Krish for the good experience.

AD123

Post by AD123 » Tue, 14 May 2019 7:34 pm

Hi,

I would NOT recommend these two companies - Dawn International Relocation and Raffles Relocation and Mobility. Babu Bhargavan is the General Manager at Dawn International. My friends had a horrendous experience with them. They did not pay the destination agent and the shipment was held up for months. Bhargavan stopped responding to calls/messages. Please do check out the online reviews for both companies before making a decision.

Faccia

Post by Faccia » Wed, 13 Nov 2019 8:55 am

I had a bad experience with Vanpac Group Asia from Singapore to the USA. Everything seemed fine at the start and the account manager was very friendly. I was charged for 6 cubic meters of items and noticed from the delivery company that the total volume shipped was 4.1 cubic meters. Vanpac was not very helpful when I requested a refund for the difference.

maryesisarauz

Post by maryesisarauz » Sat, 05 Jun 2021 8:15 pm

I would like to suggest one of the best relocation and mover I used was Allied Pickford.

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Sat, 12 Jun 2021 2:35 pm

Any recommendations for London to SG?

KellyPete

Post by KellyPete » Fri, 03 Feb 2023 6:16 am

That's definitely something I wouldn't want to experience. Can you recommend a good moving company these days? Can't rely on reviews on Google, might be fake.

home moving services kill moles in yard