Singapore Expats

Salery

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
nath

Salery

Post by nath » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 5:59 pm

Wht will be the average salery for chemical engineers in singapore

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:00 am

celery frm abut S$2000.

magpies

Post by magpies » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 8:06 am

arr yoo shoore abut dat ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 9:07 am

Actually, it could be less for engineers that cannot spell or write decent English like our Australian based friend above.

But yeah, realistically, if you are not bringing anything special to the table, e.g., demonstrable processes that you have patented or been part of a team that did or you only have a couple of years of experience you would be looking at around 2300/mo 'before' recession, and quite possibly less now. However, having said that, if you are a regional engineer from other Asian countries), sadly, you will probably only be offered somewhere between 1800-2500 without a great deal of experience in a lead role.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

magpies

Post by magpies » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, it could be less for engineers that cannot spell or write decent English like our Australian based friend above.

But yeah, realistically, if you are not bringing anything special to the table, e.g., demonstrable processes that you have patented or been part of a team that did or you only have a couple of years of experience you would be looking at around 2300/mo 'before' recession, and quite possibly less now. However, having said that, if you are a regional engineer from other Asian countries), sadly, you will probably only be offered somewhere between 1800-2500 without a great deal of experience in a lead role.

sms
Looks like our OP's chemical engineering aspirations are dissolving/evaporating pretty quickly ... :cry:

And apology for my grammatically challenged and syntactically ill-informed post above ... but you know what they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do :P

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 3:56 pm

Aiyoh lah! here I was jest gittin' used to durain's patois and now got me anutter t'figger out! (course anutter should be 'another' but could be 'A Nutter!' :mrgreen: )

Welcome aboard, sit a spell, relak and have a ball! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 7:24 pm

aiya... where got patios, typo onlee mah. i got pototoes fingr ant keybored to small. i tok wrong chemical. but i auswer da OP wat. S$2000 for celery is good price.

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”