Singapore Expats Forum

China signs RMB 80 bln currency swap agreement with Malaysia

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

loesswkq

Postby loesswkq » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:27 pm

:???: what make me surprise is i can not find this news in any sg media and website!

Singapore's censorship may not as strick as countries like china. but what for of hidgin such news from its ppl!? just to creat a fake illusion to its ppl?

Sg's relationship with china, the super industrial engine, are not as good as descriped by gov. china intend to bulid a canel at Thailand last time to avoid ship by malacca. and I read news on uk website saying china sold a few military air carrier to malaysia due to angry on PM's visit to Taiwan.

whatever it is, it is ok for me, but I hate being treated as idiot.

http://www.chinaknowledge.com/Newswires ... wsID=20916

Feb. 9, 2009 (China Knowledge) - The People's Bank of China (PBOC) has signed an RMB 80 billion (MYR 40 billion) currency swap agreement with Bank Negara Malaysia to enhance the economic growth in the two countries, according to an announcement on PBOC's website on Sunday. The announcement said the agreement would be carried out over three years and could be extended if both countries agreed.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:37 pm

so what's your beef? :roll:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: China signs RMB 80 bln currency swap agreement with Mala

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 3:12 pm

loesswkq wrote: I hate being treated as idiot.

So why do you wrte and rant like one?

As loess said; what's your beef?

'nuff said Image

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 8:02 pm

loesswkq wrote::???: what make me surprise is i can not find this news in any sg media and website!

Singapore's censorship may not as strick as countries like china. but what for of hidgin such news from its ppl!? just to creat a fake illusion to its ppl?

Sg's relationship with china, the super industrial engine, are not as good as descriped by gov. china intend to bulid a canel at Thailand last time to avoid ship by malacca. and I read news on uk website saying china sold a few military air carrier to malaysia due to angry on PM's visit to Taiwan.

whatever it is, it is ok for me, but I hate being treated as idiot.

http://www.chinaknowledge.com/Newswires ... wsID=20916

Feb. 9, 2009 (China Knowledge) - The People's Bank of China (PBOC) has signed an RMB 80 billion (MYR 40 billion) currency swap agreement with Bank Negara Malaysia to enhance the economic growth in the two countries, according to an announcement on PBOC's website on Sunday. The announcement said the agreement would be carried out over three years and could be extended if both countries agreed.

ANd you're surprised !!!! Singapore loves it's chinese heratige but only when it suits it's argument and in a straight shoot off still feel superior.

Thats been happening since it became a republic. "so whats new"? would be a very flippant remark but never the less pretty "to the bone" fact.

ARe you suggesting that the Singapore media bends the facts ...surely no :D :D :D

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 8:25 pm

bigfilsing wrote:
loesswkq wrote:
ARe you suggesting that the Singapore media bends the facts ...surely no :D :D :D

I doubt that is what he is suggesting. If you have nothing constructive to say then why not just shut up and keep your pathetic opinions to yourself . . . just an idea.

(You might wish to practise what you preach before coming out with your verbal diarrhea)

'nuff said Image

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:03 am

wait wait wait.. the original poster was ranting? I thought it was some sort of advert for Chinese business in Malaysia, huh what did I miss?
Poking, poking everywhere...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 1:13 am

Actually my eyes did browse it in the local newspaper in Sing a day or two ago! Didn't think much of it, 80 billion is peanuts in this day and age, now where's my chequebook. I can write you one for double, no problem :wink:

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 3:29 pm

ksl wrote:Actually my eyes did browse it in the local newspaper in Sing a day or two ago! Didn't think much of it, 80 billion is peanuts in this day and age, now where's my chequebook. I can write you one for double, no problem :wink:

Yes, well with govts handing out $$$ to failed backs so they can fail some more, it probably is peanuts. If I screwed up my job Id be fired, but I guess once you move into a certain salary bracket things change and you get promoted for stupidity, avarice, greed and incompetence.
Poking, poking everywhere...