Singapore Expats Forum

Spanish friends and the like!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nickyboi

Postby nickyboi » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 1:36 pm

hi, will be great to learn some spanish from native speaker!
thedonchop wrote:Hola todos,

Me llamo Mark. Tengo 22 años y estoy trabajando aquí en Singapur. Soy medio- peruano y puedo hablar español pero, prefiero inglés porque soy un poco tímido utilizar mi español ;)

My name is Mark. I am 22 years old and I work here in Singapore. I'm half Peruvian so I can speak Spanish but, I prefer English more out of shynness than anything else.

Contácteme si tu eres interesado a utilizar español o si quieres ir al un sitio para conversar y conocernos.

thedonchop@gmail.com
:D

nickyboi

Postby nickyboi » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 1:37 pm

hi, will be great to learn some spanish from native speaker!
thedonchop wrote:Hola todos,

Me llamo Mark. Tengo 22 años y estoy trabajando aquí en Singapur. Soy medio- peruano y puedo hablar español pero, prefiero inglés porque soy un poco tímido utilizar mi español ;)

My name is Mark. I am 22 years old and I work here in Singapore. I'm half Peruvian so I can speak Spanish but, I prefer English more out of shynness than anything else.

Contácteme si tu eres interesado a utilizar español o si quieres ir al un sitio para conversar y conocernos.

thedonchop@gmail.com
:D

nectarin
Regular
Regular

Postby nectarin » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 2:31 pm

?????

learn spanish from native speaker is only from Spain!! :D

nickyboi

ops

Postby nickyboi » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 9:37 pm

nectarin wrote:?????

learn spanish from native speaker is only from Spain!! :D

haha..are u native speaker??

xija

spanish learner

Postby xija » Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:17 pm

omg there's quite a few of you spanish learners out there in singapore ;) My name is Ximena I have recently arrived from Chile and wouldn't mind chatting in spanish once in a while and would appreciate the change ... I actually miss speaking in spanish, all this english and singlish is driving me nuts... hehehehe anyways, anyone want to talk send me a PM

cheers.
Ximena Di Vanni

nectarin
Regular
Regular

Postby nectarin » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 7:14 am

yes nickyboi, im a spanish native speaker (exactly,from Barcelona).

if anyone want to speak in spanish, send me a pm. hugs

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:07 pm

como estas

lol I decided i want to relearn my spanish. anyone want to teach libre lol

yo hablo unpoco espanyol lol :)

jazzle

Spanish speaking

Postby jazzle » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 2:37 pm

Hola! Me llamo Jaslyn.
I am learning Spanish too and would like to know more estudiante de espanol:)

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hibri2 » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 3:12 pm

i am noticing lotsa of interest in castellano since the last time i pass by this little forum...

we can make a spanish speaking/learning party at my house any saturday, i am trying to introduce my partner to the language / culture (just give a neruda book to her and there is no way that it can be read the same way in english... or korean for that matter :-D ). people say i can make a drinkable sangria (alcohol makes learning easy :-P ) and we love to host people.

we can do musik exchange, for my part i have all silvio rodriguez and mercedes sosa if you guys are interested, and depending on the amount of people maybe a spanish language movie day (i love argentinian and cuban cinema and have some of those movies in the lappie), i dont have tv, hence we will have to see it in my lappie, so the amount of people could be a problem.

i live at the west side (west cove condo) near quite a few nice pubs just in case some of you guys want to meet up to coordinate / arrange dates, or just get to know each other first.

send me a PM if you are interested. just some reminders:

1-it will be way better if whoever comes, comes with an interest on learning, exchanging and sharing about spanish language and cultures.

2-all data exchanged related to copyrighted media, be it sound, video, etc is done under the assumption of "backing up" legally owned media, basically... dont ask, dont tell :-P
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

nectarin
Regular
Regular

Postby nectarin » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:34 pm

Heyyy, very good idea!!! If u want I can help you. My opinion:

- "i am trying to introduce my partner to the language / culture"----> no problem, Im a journalist and I studied the culture, traditions of my country, etc

- " i can make a drinkable sangria"---> perfect!! :D

- "alcohol makes learning easy"---> it is true!! haha

I dont mind to help people because with this type of exchanges, its good to know new people (difficult in Singapore...) and also I can improve my rusty English :-|

hibri2 send me a PM and keep in touch :)

nectarin
Regular
Regular

Postby nectarin » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:37 pm

aps!! the official name is Spanish and not Castilian (castellano).... :wink:

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hibri2 » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:50 pm

nectarin wrote:aps!! the official name is Spanish and not Castilian (castellano).... :wink:

hola!

[quote]
the Spanish Constitution of 1978 uses the term castellano to define the official language of the whole Spanish State, as opposed to las demás lenguas españolas (lit. the other Spanish languages). Article III reads as follows:
“ El castellano es la lengua española oficial del Estado. (…) Las demás lenguas españolas serán también oficiales en las respectivas Comunidades Autónomas…

Castilian is the official Spanish language of the State. (…) The other Spanish languages shall also be official in their respective Autonomous Communities…

nectarin
Regular
Regular

Postby nectarin » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:56 pm

heyyy!,

the people from RAE (http://www.rae.es/rae.html) decides that the official name is Spanish. Believe me that in Spain all people say Spanish and for example, the school bocks in Spain to learn Spanish are called S'panish Language' and not Castilian Language...

by the way, I prefer party!!! :cool:

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hibri2 » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:02 pm

nectarin wrote:by the way, I prefer party!!! :cool:

cool, we think alike :-)

just sent a message to you anyway, take care.

Singapour

Hola Singapur !

Postby Singapour » Fri, 03 Jul 2009 5:47 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late message.
I do not know whether the party is open to new comers but I have been living in Latin America for a while almost 2 years ago.
My spanish is getting rusty and I would be happy to practice.

Please advise me!

Thank you.

Bye.

PS: I am 29 year old french guy