Singapore Expats Forum

Where exactly to buy japanese kimono in singapore??

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
password123

Where exactly to buy japanese kimono in singapore??

Postby password123 » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 7:07 pm

im trying to find a traditional japanese kimono in singapore for a project. Where to buy a small ish japanese kimono, you know.. the ones with the long arm drapes and floral designs.. yea. i heard chinatown has a few but does anyone know the exact place? please help,
:)

ballerina

Postby ballerina » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 1:33 am

You may try yukata instead of kimono - one that has an obi. A real kimono may be difficult to find and it could be costly. Yukata is cheaper, looks like a kimono provided it comes with obi. I have one back home.

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cinder » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 11:23 am

There was a Japanese shop in 2nd or 3rd floor (or even maybe 4th?) of Delphi Orchard - a shopping mall where Muddy Murphy Irish pub is, opposite Orchard Tower. It has various Japanese clothes, range from traditional (yes, it has kimono, because the lady tried to sell one to me) to contemporary clothes, linens, handkerchiefs, apron, and anything else made from fabric.

However, I am not sure whether it is still exist. I visited it six years ago! :oops: Just thought you wanna check it if you are desperate..

password123

Postby password123 » Sat, 21 Feb 2009 9:43 pm

ok thx guys. wait.. does anyone know if chinatown has a yukata? :wave:

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 9:34 pm

Head over to Liang Court, Singapore's one-stop shop for anything and everything Japanese.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

moshimoshi

Postby moshimoshi » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 5:32 pm

If you are lookng for YUKATA, go to central 2nd or 3rd floor selling japanese yukata and bags.
but not Kimono.
can you wear kimono by your self???

(I am Japanese though...)

utami

Postby utami » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 10:00 pm

There's a shop at Ngee Ann City, 3dr fl I think, The floor where there's all the kid shops