Singapore Expats Forum

Who can build a table

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Who can build a table

Postby carolynW » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 8:50 pm

I bought an african door that I would like to convert into a coffee table... does anyone know a good carpenter or someone who could do stuff like this?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 9:13 pm

Coffee table? Gotcha covered. All you need are 4 concrete blocks (you know, the ones with three big holes in'em! That or get your self a banding tool and band together 6 to 8 Glass bricks and put the stack under each end of the table. Four jack stands work a treat as well. Good DIY jobbie....

Can't you tell, I used to decorate in the early orange crate and cable spool style when I was single and in my early 30's. :P

I am curious though..... How do you make a door out of an African? Run over'em with a steamroller and let 'em dry out stiff like roadkill? :mrgreen:

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 9:17 pm

You might try Michael at Asia Passion. They do a lot of javanese door conversions. Not sure he'll work on a door that wasn't his, but you can try.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 9:57 pm

Ms C. and I have an antique Indian door frame as our bed head and I did it myslef. Happy to help you out with some pointers, because it's not difficult to do anything...just a little skill.

Mr. P

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:19 pm

if it is just the legs, you might get them in ikea, although not 100% sure. they do sell just the legs in the UK ikea.

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:27 am

durain wrote:if it is just the legs, you might get them in ikea, although not 100% sure. they do sell just the legs in the UK ikea.

yeah they do sell table legs in ikea sg... and you can first check their sg website for what's available to see if any of their products matches your door.