Singapore Expats Forum

PEP for first timers?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nkommire

PEP for first timers?

Postby nkommire » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 3:38 pm

hi All,

I came to know about PEP through some friends and got contradictory information about its eligibility. Some say that only existing EP holders are eligible where as some say that even first timers to singapore who dont have a EP can also apply provided they show a monthly income of 7000SD. I did the site and this is what i found

Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000
• The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.

Can someone clarify in this regard.

Thanks
Rao

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 6:05 pm

As I have posted on here several times already,

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal ... _pass.html

nkommire

???

Postby nkommire » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:22 am

The line i copied is from the same page and i couldnt understand it.. Thats the reason why i put this Q in the forum.

javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Rao

VanofVA

Postby VanofVA » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 4:44 am

When I got my PEP, I had just returned to Singapore (2nd tour) and had ben on an EP for about 3 months. So I didn't meet the requirement of having lived there for a year. But I petitioned them for an acceptance (citing my previous tour in Singapore and all of the taxes I had paid as well as my current income) and they accepted the petition and gave me PEP.

Note* I returned back to the US 9 months ago and now may go back to Sing for a 3rd tour. Problem is...NO MORE PEP ELIGIBILITY. I didnt realize that if you give up/lose your PEP status, you can never get it again. No worries, I'll just need to come back on a normal EP.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:46 pm

You do know what overseas means don't you?

Overseas means before you came to Singapore. We're talking about a PEP which is a Singapore item, so if they are referring to salaries not earned here then obviously they would have to be consider them to be overseas wouldn't they.

So the answer is easy. No, you do not have to be here on an EP currently to apply for the PEP. However, you still will need to comply with the rest of the prohibitions while on the pass.

Either you are overpaid or I'm underpaid. :o :wink:

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

yeah

Postby Allibert » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 1:25 pm

have to agree with you on this one SMS. I don't think they could have spelled it out much clearer. We're definitely underpaid