Singapore Expats

New Aussie in town wanting to make some friends......

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
MikeInSing

New Aussie in town wanting to make some friends......

Post by MikeInSing » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 5:45 pm

Hello there......have just arrived 3 weeks ago and (finally) moving out of the hotel and into a condo (Robertson Walk / Quay) area..... Am single, 30yo and keen to make some good friends to meet up with for a beer, game of pool and generally exploring this great city etc.

Send me a pm if you would like to catch up.....

Cheers

Mike

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 6:00 pm

G'day Mike and welcome to the LRD!

There's a trivia night on tomorrow night if you're interested - just use the forum search function for PUB QUIZ.

Also, you might want to check out the WNDC and FNDC threads - which are Wednesday Night and Friday Night Drinking Clubs. You'll see many other social groups around the forums.

Once again, welcome to Singapore.

Cheers, Capt. P.

hanis07

Re: New Aussie in town wanting to make some friends......

Post by hanis07 » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:22 pm

MikeInSing wrote:Hello there......have just arrived 3 weeks ago and (finally) moving out of the hotel and into a condo (Robertson Walk / Quay) area..... Am single, 30yo and keen to make some good friends to meet up with for a beer, game of pool and generally exploring this great city etc.

Send me a pm if you would like to catch up.....

Cheers

Mike
Hi Mike,
Welcome on board. Hope you like it here.
Well I just join the forum tdy so unable to sent any PM at the moment.
Hope you are coping well here.

Cheers
Hanis
Cheers
Hanis

MikeInSing

G'day G'day

Post by MikeInSing » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 2:51 pm

G'day Capt. P / Hanis

Nice to hear from you both.

(Obviously) having just joined I am unable to PM just yet also, but thought I should just acknowledge your posts.

I'll certainly take a look into the Trivia Night but may have to pass as I am just waiting on a call from the real estate agent and it might be 'moving in' day tomorrow so will probably need an early one tonight (unlike last night!)

Will also check out the WNDC and FNDC threads - thanks! So am I correct in assuming you can just rock up to these unannounced or is there a need to register etc. (sorry, I should probably just go and find this out for myself right!)

Anyway - thanks for the welcome and look forward to meeting up sometime for a beer!

Cheers

Mike

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 5:18 pm

Mike, no wucken furries...Trivia isn't late so you should come along. At least you meet some new people, and we usually win, or beat the other team with a few bandicoots afterwards.

And hey, if you come along I'LL buy you a beer! At Singapore prices, I must be a legend for offering that!

WNDC/FNDC - just keep your eyes peeled to their threads - they usually publish the time and the location a day or so beforehand.

Cheers, Capt. P

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:04 pm

im not so fund of trivia..anything new? :)

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vjsimon » Wed, 25 Mar 2009 1:11 pm

Count me in for the gatherings folks. Hard to find good friends as you get older. Cheers. You can either PM me or email me at [email protected]. Cheers. :)

singstyle

Hi Mike

Post by singstyle » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 11:51 am

Hi Mike,

Sounds like we arrived in Singas around the same time... Two Aussie expats, if you're still looking for peeps to hang with, flick us a message!

Babylime

Knows much of the roads in Singapore

Post by Babylime » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 1:42 pm

Hello! Everyone! I am new in this forum. I am nearly 30 years old AND I know quite a bit on travelling in Singapore. If you would like to go some place and would like someone to bring you there,i can help... Let's meet up ...go exploring Singapore and or go for a drink.

mmmmdave

Post by mmmmdave » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 3:02 pm

I'm also new in Singapore -- American, 31, here with my wife after 18 months working in New Delhi. I'm so new that this forum won't let me send a private message yet. So Mike and anyone else, please include me next time you decide to hang out with total strangers. Is anyone doing anything this fine Saturday night?

hanab

Post by hanab » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 7:03 am

Hi, I'm fairly new to SG and would like to make some friends here! Please drop me a line if you are interested to meet up for a drink and a chat.
Last edited by hanab on Thu, 26 Nov 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozzy_In_Sing

Post by Ozzy_In_Sing » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 6:51 pm

Hi All,

I am an Aussie Expat also (Male, 30) who is new in Sing and am keen to meet some new friends etc.

How about trying to organise something for this weekend?

Cheers,

Todd.

Babylime

I agreed with Todd-Ozzy In Sing

Post by Babylime » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 7:01 pm

Hello! Everyone,

I agreed with Todd Ozzy In Sing...How about organising something this weekend...To meet up.

I prefer to go to Starbucks...For a chat at 3pm perhaps in the afternoon...What do all of you think?

xiaodanxd
Regular
Regular

Post by xiaodanxd » Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:36 am

Hi. I'm Dan from Singapore. Would like to meet different people so if your keen to meet, please email me @ [email protected].

I go out for pool, movies, outings and other stuff you name.

Cheers,

Dan

Blush75

Hey!

Post by Blush75 » Sat, 18 Apr 2009 11:51 pm

So Mike, how has it been so far? Trust your enjoying your time already on the island.

I'm a South Asian female (IN) in my early thirties. Been here in SG for close to a year, always keen on meeting new people and making new friends.

PM me and we could maybe catch up sometime :D

Happy weekend!